Cas's Content

There have been 5 items by Cas (Search limited from 05-May 23)

Sort by                Order  

#149 The Promised Land

Posted by Cas on 09 February 2003 - 09:34 PM in Patches and Enhancements (RB3D)

Thanks for the guidance fellas- I have downloaded the patch and it seems to be working OK
I'll come back if i have any difficulties.
Are there any skins available which will go with Promised Land.
If so, where may i download them?

#141 Can we have a "mouse" view for RB?

Posted by Cas on 06 February 2003 - 04:38 PM in Technical Help (RB3D)

Thanks for the replies, chaps. Looks like we are stymied.Pity.
Webmaster S!- The view you refer to, I think, is an external wher you press and hold "enter" while moving the joystick.Then you can go up and over and round your plane. But,as I say, this is external.

I suppose we could do with Dynamix (Sierra) doing a Rowan (Empire Interactive ) and releasing the source code ?
Ah well....

#128 Mouse view in red baron

Posted by Cas on 05 February 2003 - 11:09 AM in General Topics (RB3D)

Please see my post in technical support forum re this - thanks

#127 Can we have a "mouse" view for RB?

Posted by Cas on 05 February 2003 - 11:06 AM in Technical Help (RB3D)

I feel a bit cheeky posting the first thread in this forum, especially as I have been playing Red baron for less than a week!!
But I'm hooked already.
I have been flight simming for some years. Started on FCG and thru EAW to IL-2 . Always loved WW! though and now thanks to glidos and Kess i can fly RB- (graphics are important to me, but I see why the RB lovers were keen about the other parameters re this sim - It is really excellent.
In the other sims Il-2 and EAW, the latter being quite old now, they have a mouse view.
As a result the hardware known as trackIR can be used.
http://games.naturalpoint.com/
For those of you who do not know what this does, it is the most immersive tool Ihave found for simming other than a joystick. Essentially, as you move your eye across the screen the view moves as if sat in the cockpit and turning your head. Does away with snap views, panning or even padlocking, though it is easily used along with padlocking.

So, what i am asking, seriously, is if it is possible, at this stage, for a mouse view to be brought into Red Baron;
and if it is - will someone please do that??

I hope you don't mind me putting a pointer to this in the general forum as well.

thanks

#126 The Promised Land

Posted by Cas on 04 February 2003 - 01:03 PM in Patches and Enhancements (RB3D)

Skidmark, on Jan 18 2003, 08:04 AM, said:

Unarmed Man,at least get Ren's "Standard.vol about 10MB,you can handle that. The improvement to RB is amazing-planes are updated with rotary engines,3D wheels,terrain,buildingsFM,DM. It's a one-shot huge improvement without patching. You just drop one file into the DATA folder and VOILA!
Hello Skidmark and Kess.
I have recently begun flying RB and have Kess'' wonderful Promised land superpatch. Can I use this Ren's thing and input it as you say or do I use CM11 which I have.
Also, is the WFP all right to use with P L ?
I do not want to use anything which is not compatible with P. L . It is fantastic.
How do I use the WFP if it is all right to do so.
I cannot find a simple - "This is how you load it and use it article"
Is there one?
TIA