Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_8/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_8/skin_topic.php:909) in /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_8/skin_topic.php:909) in /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_8/skin_topic.php:909) in /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_8/skin_topic.php:909) in /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_8/skin_topic.php:909) in /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Installation tips for Germans - Wings Of Honor

Installation tips for Germans

1 reply to this topic

#1 Gremlin_WoH

Flight Leader

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 12:22 PM

This is coming directly from a posting by Dark4Aces over at the SimOuthouse Forums:

If you have trouble running OFF, in most cases having no response after the "contact-clear-prrrr", maybe this could help.

I purchased CFS3 in the DVD-Version from Ubisoft and had problems with the installation, but after reinstalling it as listed below, it works!

Installing CFS:

1. Select "English" at the installer start
  2. Select "full installation" (not user defined) as recommended
  3. Change the part of the install path that says "X:\Program Files\" to "X:\Programme\"* (It should read X:\Programme\Microsoft Games\CFS3...) Other country users: set the usual program-path name for your language instead of "Programme"
  4. Start CFS3 and check the version at the Info menu: Should be 3.1!
  5. Install CFS3 Patch 3.1a (it is for English version only, that's why I selected English installation)
  6. Look in the CFS3-path,there should be a folder named "Backup" with about 3 files in it (can't remember exactly the number of files)
  7. Now start, configure and fly CFS 3

If all goes well until here then proceed to install OFF. In other case OFF will probably not work

Installing OFF:

1. Install the OFF files (4) as listed in the DVD
  2. Install the Patch 1.9 and 1.9 Hotfix
  3. Go to Windows Start "Settings/Control Panel/Regions and Language settings" click the Tab "Regional Settings". Press the button "Settings" beneath the country selection box (don't know exactly how the buttons are named in english) and change the decimal separator from "," (comma) to "." (period) In german: Dr?cke Start "Einstellungen/Systemsteuerung/Regions- und Spracheinstellungen", auf dem Reiter Regionale Einstellung die Schaltfl?che "Anpassen" dr?cken und im feld Dezimaltrennzeichen das "," (Komma) gegen "." (Punkt) ersetzen. Note: If you are going to work with excel (or other programs), you need to revert this change!
  4. This point is optional and only useful for checking if the installation is o.k. until here. You can skip it and go to the next step but if you want to know if you have done well until now try it:
          * Start OFF, it will tell you that it has to be configured for the first time
          * Configure it where needed
          * Create a Pilot
          * Select instant flight
          * Click "Go To Hangar"
          * If a window telling you to "insert CFS3 CD #2" appears you are on the right way! Exit and proceed with the next step.
  5. In the OFF-folder rename the file "SHELL.EXE" to "SHELL.ORI.EXE"(or other name you want)
  6. From the OFF-DVD extract the CFS31.EXE file included in the No-CD Patch folder, copy it to the OFF-folder and rename it to SHELL.EXE
  7. Start OFF and try to fly.. this time it should work

This worked for me and for "mimi" who has become the OFF-DVD with this instruction from me!

If you have problems running or changing the configuration or get an error message with CFSconfig.exe:
In the OFF-folder, look for a file called something like "CFSconfiguration.TXT.BAK" (can't remember the exact name but te extension is the important) and remove the ".BAK" part. I don't know what renames the file but it happens more than once.

Good Luck!
Dark_4ces

Thank you, Dark4Aces.

Gremlin
Gremlin_WoH
Webmaster

Wings Of Honor - Where Combat Simulation Begins!
--Resize_Images_Alt_Text--
Your W.W.I Flight Sim Resource: News, Forums, Links, Downloads ...

Jagdstaffel 66 (J66_GremlinCO)

"It was my opinion that no kill was worth the life of a wingman ..."
Erich 'Bubi' Hartmann, highest scoring fighter ace in WWII (he never lost a wingman)

#2 Gremlin_WoH

Flight Leader

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 01:01 PM

If you have got the DVD verison of CFS 3 and not the 2 CDROM version then the game is already patched to 3.1. Do not use patch 3.1 on it! Just create a (empty) sub folder in the CFS 3 installation folder called 'BACKUP' or you may run into troubles when installing OFF.

Gremlin
Gremlin_WoH
Webmaster

Wings Of Honor - Where Combat Simulation Begins!
--Resize_Images_Alt_Text--
Your W.W.I Flight Sim Resource: News, Forums, Links, Downloads ...

Jagdstaffel 66 (J66_GremlinCO)

"It was my opinion that no kill was worth the life of a wingman ..."
Erich 'Bubi' Hartmann, highest scoring fighter ace in WWII (he never lost a wingman)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users