Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_8/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_8/skin_topic.php:909) in /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_8/skin_topic.php:909) in /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_8/skin_topic.php:909) in /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_8/skin_topic.php:909) in /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_8/skin_topic.php:909) in /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Special Feature: Otto von Stachel - Wings Of Honor

Special Feature: Otto von Stachel

• You cannot reply to this topic
No replies to this topic

#1 Gremlin_WoH

Flight Leader

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 12:05 AM

Otto von Stachel - The Black Baron of Boistrancourt

The Man:

Click to view a larger image

And His Machine:

This is the story of Germany's world famous W.W.I fighter ace Otto von Stachel - called by his enemies 'The Black Baron of Boistrancourt' and 'OvS' by his friends. Admired by women and dreaded by his enemies he ended the Great War with 437 confirmed kills.

As a young man he was an adventurer who travelled the whole world and also wandered Over Flanders Fields.

In 1911 he found his determination in aviation. Following the flight training he soon flew alone in the skies as the freedom up there was outstanding. During the years 1912 to 1914 he honed his remarkable flying skills by performing never-seen-before aerobatics. The following image shows the famous 'Stachel' manoeuvre - a techniqe far better than the 'Immelmann' or the 'Scissors'.

In 1914 Otto von Stachel joined the Kaiser's Luftstreitkraefte to help defending his fatherland against the evil Krumpets. Soon he was a notorious hunter in the skies and the enemies - seeing his famous paint scheme - turned around in fear.

OvS was awarded all available decorations such as the 'Order of Great Chivalry', the 'Prussian Chicken Wing' and the 'Kaiser's Highly Appreciated Krumpetonator Medal'. In 1915 OvS got a new nickname 'The Blue Max'. It was him who shot down Georges Guynemer wearing only his blue underwear and flight goggles as it was hot on this summer day. See a shot of the scene when he made the final attack:

The Kaiser awarded Otto von Stachel the 'Pour Le Merite' for this heroic deed. As OvS had his nickname trademarked after the fight the 'Pour Le Merite' was called 'The Blue Cross Thingy With Coloured Ribbons' by the public.

Soon OvS was promoted to Staffelfuehrer (squadron leader). See a line-up of his famous Jagdstaffel 12:

During the Battle Of St. Mihiel in September 1918 he shot down 63 enemy planes alone without refuelling and rearming. The following photographs show an example of his victorious career:

A Krumpet on the way to meet his Fate:

OvS gets ready for Rock'n Roll:

The Krumpet in the Sights of The Black Baron:

The Krumpet takes a plunge into the scenery:

By the way - after his good experiences with blue underwear OvS invented the Coloured Flight Shorts (CFS). See him alongside the Kaiser who is wearing the Emperor's Underwear ™:

There were three versions of the Coloured Flight Shorts: CFS, CFS 2 and CFS 3.

When the Great War ended Otto von Stachel - The Black Baron of Boistrancourt, The Blue Max, The Great Defender Of The Fatherland was so famous that a movie was made named 'This Magnifient Man In His Flying Machine' starring himself:

After the movie was released around the world Otto von Stachel got even more famous. He went to Hollywood and was technical advisor for aviation movies such as 'Dawn Patrol', 'Aces High', 'The Great Waldo Pepper', 'Richthofen and Brown' and 'Top Gun'. After that he joined a small group of modders to help in the greatest effort since the invention of sliced bread: the total conversion of CFS 3 into something really enjoyable: Over Flanders Fields - The Simulation to end all Simulations.

This was the story of the world's most famous W.W.I ace Otto von Stachel called

The Black Baron of Boistrancourt
Gremlin_WoH
Webmaster

Wings Of Honor - Where Combat Simulation Begins!
--Resize_Images_Alt_Text--
Your W.W.I Flight Sim Resource: News, Forums, Links, Downloads ...

Jagdstaffel 66 (J66_GremlinCO)

"It was my opinion that no kill was worth the life of a wingman ..."
Erich 'Bubi' Hartmann, highest scoring fighter ace in WWII (he never lost a wingman)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users