Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_8/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_8/skin_topic.php:909) in /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_8/skin_topic.php:909) in /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_8/skin_topic.php:909) in /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_8/skin_topic.php:909) in /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_8/skin_topic.php:909) in /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
FS-WWI Plane Pack 3 Final Release! - Wings Of Honor

FS-WWI Plane Pack 3 Final Release!

• You cannot reply to this topic
No replies to this topic

#1 ArgonV

Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 25 December 2002 - 07:05 PM

Well, it's been a long, hard road full of delays, set backs, but more importantly... Passion and love for the hobby. This huge undertaking provides the very best the FS-WWI community has to offer. From the tiniest texture, to the intricately detailed aircraft. It is here! I hope you enjoy this MOD, and accept it for what it is. While this may be the final release of Plane Pack 3, we are by no means done with the current plane set, so expect to see more great things from us in the future! :D

Now for the readme. And please, actually read it: :unsure:

Welcome to Fighter Squadron WWI's Plane Pack series. A Plane Pack is a convenient way to get all of the latest planes, ground units, and missions, etc.
This plane pack also lets you fly on-line over the internet. To fly with other people on-line, your aircraft must match the other player's aircraft or you will get a mismatch error.
This makes the game more fun and avoids pesky cheaters. FS-WWI Plane Packs and Patches are the culmination of a large amounts of work by diverse groups of talented people.
Each plane has been built with care including the 3D modeling, painting, flight modeling, and damage modeling.
These aircraft are on a never-ending journey of improvement, each individual plane at its own stage of completion, so feedback is very helpful and desired!

To Install:
For this to all work, you MUST install SDOE fresh. I repeat again, you MUST install SDOE fresh! If you do not, and run into problems, I will be unable to assist you. It is as simple as that.. The setup is too integrated to install all of this over an existing install of FS-WWI. You will over complicate things if you try to install this over an existing FS-WWI install. If you try it my way, TRUST ME, it will be a breeze...

There are three different versions of the FS-WWI Plane Pack 3:

1. 1024x1024 and 512x512 tifs

2. Only 512x512 tifs

3. Only 256x256 tifs

Due to the different tif sizes, there is a file size difference. You can choose to download which one based on your system and connection speed. (256x256 tif Pack being the smallest download size, but you will not see the finer details of the aircraft paints)

Now here are the three install options you have. Each is listed in the order you should install them in. I also URGE you to READ the readme files. There is very valuable information in there that is to your benefit. If you mail me asking where should I install this to, or do the kites have brakes, or what key do I press to do this and that, I will simply email you back requesting you to read the readme files provided. I made these readme files to make both your life, and mine a lot easier.

Install Option One

1. Install the 1.5 Patch to your Fighter Squadron folder

2. Install the Latest Wings with Wires Patch

3. Install the FS-WWI Nations Pack (Mirror)

4. Install the Full Somme Terrain (Mirror)

5. Install the 1024x1024 FS-WWI Plane Pack 3 (Mirror)

Install Option Two

5. Install the 512x512 FS-WWI Plane Pack 3 (Mirror)

Install Option Three

5. Install the 256x256 FS-WWI Plane Pack 3 (Mirror)

Please visit the link below for an alternate download site of the FS-WWI files:

Real life Gaming Downloads

Notes about Textures:

Due to the size of hi-res TIF files, I had to compress the TIFFs to 8-bit instead of 16-bit when I compiled the DATA15.PAR file. I also did this with the FS-WWI Plane Pack 2, but was less apparent due to the lack of 1024x1024 skins. This 8-bit compression may cause some of the skins to look a little blochy, and some what grainy. Please keep in mind that with out the 8-bit texture compression, FS-WWI Plane Pack 3 would be well over 170 megs! 8-bit texture compression also speeds up loading times both off-line and for on-line play. However, understanding that some may want the extra detail on their skins, and have the time and computer system to download and run such hi-bit TIF files, I have provided a 16-bit Texture Pack that includes just the textures of the FS-WWI plane set, non-compressed. This can be found here: 16-bit Texture Pack (Mirror) This Pack uses extracted TIF files that over write the TIF files included in the DATA15.PAR file. Please keep in mind that this is an optional download, and not required.

We hope you enjoy flying FS-WWI using Inertia's OpenPlane game engine. In our opinion, OpenPlane is THE engine for WWI flight!
-ArgonV (ArgonV@AOL.com)

I wish to thank Sean at Wings with Wires and Steel from Real life Gaming Downloads for the file hosting.

Enjoy! :D

(Webmaster: Please post this in the News, thanks!)
"Go Fly A Kite!"
-Jason R.
FS-WWI Project Leader
FS-WWI Plane Pack Site

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users