Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_8/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_8/skin_topic.php:909) in /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_8/skin_topic.php:909) in /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_8/skin_topic.php:909) in /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_8/skin_topic.php:909) in /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_8/skin_topic.php:909) in /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
**SoldOut Software RB3d & WinXP** - Wings Of Honor

**SoldOut Software RB3d & WinXP**

1 reply to this topic

#1 rabu

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 April 2003 - 05:51 PM

The SoldOut Software version of RB3d seems to be most available version you can find online, but I've had a lot of emails from people who have bought the SoldOut Software version and can't get it to install under the Windows XP system. Finally got a solution on the VOGONSsite and another reply there reaffirming the install work around for XP:
Create an ISO image of the SOS RB3d cd on the HD with a CDR program like CDRWIN/Nero etc. Then extract the files from the ISO to the HD using an ISO browser (think Nero has one with it but there are free ones around I believe) to somewhere on your drive., then install RB from these HD located files.
Slice just posted this at VOGONS site:
Well it must be a bug in the CD layout or in the way XP is handling the CD filestructure. I just tried the ISO method and it works - you can access the sub directories in the DATA directory and also copy files out of there (files that don't show up in XP explorer).

Method:
I used CDRWin to grab the CD as a track (used the "Extract Disk/Tracks/Sectors" button) then used ISOBUSTER from http://www.smart-pro....net/isobuster/ - freeware and shareware - to open the .bin file cd image, this lets you copy all the files out of the image to your hard drive somewhere. You can view the Data folder contents properly and extract the files fine.

XP itself produces an error when trying to see into the subdirs, but yet a CDR program can read the image fine.
I have no idea if this works for everyone and I have no way to even test it as I don't have XP. Can some one out there with XP having trouble, try this out and let us know if it works? If it does, maybe some programing whiz can use his talent to make some sort of short program that will perform this action for players who have the SOS RB3d CD?
rabu ..{|8~'
On-The-Edge
Graphics enhancements for RedBaron

#2 WoH-Webmaster

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 29 April 2003 - 09:02 PM

Hey Rabu,

that's a good trick for all those who bought the CD. Thanks for sharing it.
Gremlin_WoH
Webmaster

Wings Of Honor - Where Combat Simulation Begins!
Posted Image
Your W.W.I Flight Sim Resource: News, Forums, Links, Downloads ...

Jagdstaffel 66 (J66_GremlinCO)

"It was my opinion that no kill was worth the life of a wingman ..."
Erich 'Bubi' Hartmann, highest scoring fighter ace in WWII (he never lost a wingman)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users