Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Official Annpuncement JGS4 CIC - Wings Of Honor

Official Annpuncement JGS4 CIC

3 replies to this topic

#1 Thor

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 01 February 2003 - 10:48 PM

Salute! All,

To Whom It May Concern:

Statement of Squadron Policy:

The organization of the Pan World Squadron also known as JGS4 established in November of 2001 the Office of the Commander in Chief referred to as the CIC.

The intent and purpose of the CIC was to reflect a unified command structure to represent the affairs of JGS4 to the community of Red Baron MMP.

By definition only an Officer that has commanded a Jasta for at least 1 year can in turn be considered for the CIC position.

The CIC office was designated by squadron consensus to be a job that is amongst the Jasta Commanders. While the Jasta Commander selected/elected to be the CIC was in power his Jasta Executive Officer (XO) would then become the acting Commander from within his individual Jasta.

The CIC position is one that shall rotate within the Jasta Commanders. This rotation will be a period of no less than one term of six months. At the end of the six-month period a new vote taken and potentially a new Jasta Commander was empowered to become the CIC.

Therefore the intent to not only gives the CIC experience as a community representative but to also build new officers from within the Jastas.

No term limits are set and past previous CIC that have held the Jasta Commander's position since November 2001 can even return by vote. Or indeed the community can see a new CIC each six months.

This has many benefits for the community for it gives Senior JGS4 officer a chance to build relationships with his/her counterparts in the community. It also engenders a dynamic growth and learning within the individual Jasta command structures by promoting deserving officers.

"A CO becomes CIC, the XO of that "home" or origin Jasta becomes the Jasta acting CO."

------------------------------------

As I indicated I became the CIC in November 2001. Establishing this policy above.

During the period to this date I served JGS4 and I hope the community as a whole as a fair officer. I foremost wanted to bring new democracy to the squadron.

I do understand and appreciate that some out there would disagree with that statement but that is not the intent here to justify things of the past.

That debate is over for me now.

On some Forum threads a general calling of the perceived lack of leadership and or control on my part was announced.

I only regret that those parties had contacted me either directly or via their respective squadron channels and not seen the need to blindly post their comments regarding their opinions of me. Some of my detractors going to the point of personal assaults, insults and otherwise uncivilized conduct on all sides of the issues. Therefore failing to act as dignified men/women and instead choosing to make this some sort of matter of world importance or vendetta that their ideals are the only just and accurate ones.

Furthermore in this last year it seems to some that I may have turned a blind eye to events of a wide variety. That is the furthest thing from the truth. No doubt I favored my own squadron ? I expected the same from each of you and your units, this is natural and defensive. Balance is always needed for the needs of all concerned. But it seems apparent that a portion of the community forgot just that, we must weigh and balance for all parties our actions, deeds and words.

This all we have ? words in a virtual world.

We are a community. This is a game of community. I repeat a game. But to some it has become a way of life unfortunately.

Sirs and Ladies we are role-playing in a game. For some to take the anger and hate to the extent I have had witness is beyond belief; indeed it has become ridiculous. In some cases these virtual reality perceptions of ?justice? going to the crossing over into the real world. That is/was shameful behavior to attack someone by leaving this as a game and assaulting places of employment and even at their homes. Some may find that impossible to believe that but it has happened. They feared the virtual and let reality blend with their fantasy ? all over words.

There are some of you who even now are going so far as to tear apart my words into sections/pieces here and again fail to ever completely digest the entire message. They try somehow to see hidden agenda and meaning. I am sorry you cannot see what I write for what it is ? a few words of my perspective. No doubts here I will receive at least one reply or more that does the same again. I ask before you do so read this entire essay of mine again. Think twice before you pull that trigger, you might have been blurred/obscured in your sight picture of the actual target of your intent.

Then ask yourself what is so important that we forget the game, the spirit of competition and we embark on the dark path of self-destruction?

I am truly sorry if somehow you have failed to grasp my entire meaning in any and all my posts or email. Language is a most difficult thing when you cannot see or at least hear the other side.

Either positive or negative I has always hoped I could find the middle ground on any and all diplomatic relations within the squadron and community.

Yet now matters on the home front dictate that I seek a change.

Now due to some unforeseen circumstances I have to devote less and less time to MMP. Therefore it becomes necessary that I conduct this change of command with two months left on my third term.

The reality in this virtual conflict game we play is that I have obligations first to my family, my career. I have to make a choice and enact the squadron policy.

To the friends I have made these past years I thank you each and wish you happiness in life. To my detractors I must apologize to you for you have won nothing. But if you want so go ahead and consider this some minor victory.

Indeed I am not leaving JGS4. In fact I could very well return in the next terms of CIC as the CIC again (see above policy). However as it stands now after a three-week search and the impending career responsibilities that will take me on yet another leg of the journey of life to points not just here but around the world I make now an announcement for my successor as the CIC. Elected over a long period from within the Jasta Command Staff one individual as been selected and accepted the position as the next CIC.

Effective 23:59:59 hours GMT on February 1, 2003 the next term of the CIC shall be the responsibility of Tinman from Jasta 78 of JGS4.

Again to my friends I am not saying goodbye. I am returning to Jasta 78 as the Jasta commander.

I merely take a leave of absence from the CIC for the good of my family.

People remember all we have is each other. For good or bad no matter the circumstances we need each other. Without each other this great game becomes nothing.

Please recall that we are all needed to make this virtual world; this is a game two or more sides are needed to make it work.

Foremost:

Have Fun!
Thor

#2 An Unarmed Man

Observer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 02 February 2003 - 11:56 PM

Whoo boy, a Lawyer for a CO lol j/k gents. S! JGS4 your actions have never once caused me to re-think your policy of honor and fairplay. It's always been an honor of boom zooming a flight of your Dr1's then running away lol
Salute!
Capt. Unarmed AAM***, BS
Fighter Pilot
Royal Air Corps

#3 Thor

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 03 February 2003 - 08:46 PM

S! Unarmed,

You sir are a worthy opponent and respected!

Salute!

;)
Thor

#4 An Unarmed Man

Observer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 07 February 2003 - 03:30 AM

Lol i'm not respected, i'm just a pilot who knows when to get his arse outta dodge lol
Salute!
Capt. Unarmed AAM***, BS
Fighter Pilot
Royal Air Corps

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users