Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
ROTJ - Wings Of Honor

ROTJ

9 replies to this topic

#1 docmartin

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 January 2003 - 09:06 PM

Now that the Baron has "gone West", is there anybody out there who knows anything about the structure of ROTJ? I have come across some pretty horrific bugs in the Aviatik CI (flyable in ROTJ) - wheels in external view are totally distorted, a "false" wing in cockpit view, fwd m/g doesn't work, no sign of the rear gunner in rear cockpit view.... What to do? :unsure:

#2 Thor

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 22 January 2003 - 09:29 PM

S! Doc,

No real answer but a tip at least to check with some the posts at SWWISA/Delphi. Some ROTJ discussions there.

Just wanted you to know not everyone is hung up on WOV.

I started RB with WOH and I seems I am drawn back here. The politics getting a little too weird at the spin-off place. :unsure:

If nothing else search for vHelton at SWWISA or give me a write.

BTW what kind of graphics card you using? I have been using GeForce3 with the Glidos OpenGL files.
Thor

#3 docmartin

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 January 2003 - 09:39 PM

Hi Thor, thanks for the reply. I visit the SWISSA site almost every day. I recently found a thread in which it was mentioned that von Helton has given up RB altogether. He used to have a ROTJ forum on Delphi but that has now closed.

Graphics card? Don't make me laugh - I'm still in DD on an ancient steam-driven, lighting fast (in its day) 200 Mhz computer!!

I think I will just have to do a fresh install of ROTJ - just wish I knew what I've done with that useful little utility that eliminates the need to delete all the unnecessary files manually.

#4 Thor

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 22 January 2003 - 09:43 PM

LOL on the machine sir "steam" power. ;)

I saw you replied just as I was headed back to work.

Sorry I wasn't much help. Have never really played ROTJ.

Fresh install always seems best solution.

GLuck :)
Thor

#5 Clay Pigeon

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 22 January 2003 - 11:21 PM

docmartin,

You might also try over at SimHQ. The Baron used to spend a lot of time there, and people who use ROTJ still hang out on the board. I've nver used it, myself.

http://www.simhq.com/cgi-bin/boards/cgi-bi...e=20&LastLogin=

Good luck!

CP

#6 docmartin

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 January 2003 - 04:20 PM

OK, I goofed (yet again ;) ). Did a fresh install of ROTJ and in so doing realized the last time I installed it somehow I put all the files in Data rather than in Data\Simpatch. So I guess I was getting some odd file combinations which would account for the strange graphics. With the fresh (and correctly placed) install, the problems predictably enough have gone away (as well as the flyable Aviatik C1!). Anyway, thanks to all who replied.

#7 An Unarmed Man

Observer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 25 January 2003 - 09:10 PM

Red Baron has changed formats alot of times in it's rather short history. I started and we aere at Simcombat.com message boards, Vito and the like constantly trying to start flame wars lol. Simcombat closed down (With a few last howls from Vito because he would never be able to post publically again) and we went to WoH. Loved it, even tried to get a job as the News guy, however my buddy Amish beat me too it lol. Then we lost it and went to WoV, and now back to WoH. Wish WoH would take off again...

Anyway to get those once a month Calenders running again like Jupes used to have? lol
Salute!
Capt. Unarmed AAM***, BS
Fighter Pilot
Royal Air Corps

#8 Thor

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 27 January 2003 - 04:28 PM

S! Unarmed,

I agree that a return to the original site of honor would be nice.

Maybe we should start this on a separate thread but I am getting sick and tired of all the BS at the other "site".

Unless you object Gemmrig I am going to start another thread using this post.

About time those of us that love the game and not the BS have a safe haven like you have built - TY Sir!

Its one thing to disagree about the game but lately they have taken to hurling mud and post digestive material over politics. ;)

However a place like this keep my faith in the honor of the game. :)

Salute! Wings of Honor

Thor
Thor

#9 Pentallion

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 28 January 2003 - 06:24 AM

Yeah, those calendars were the coolest! If I recall Jupes made those himself.

#10 WoH-Webmaster

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 28 January 2003 - 08:33 AM

Pentallion, on Jan 28 2003, 07:24 AM, said:

Yeah, those calendars were the coolest!  If I recall Jupes made those himself.
Unfortunately I am a lousy graphics 'artist' and due to that fact and my very limited time I need to spent on keeping the site alive it is very unlikely I will continue the calendar series. Sorry, folks.
Gremlin_WoH
Webmaster

Wings Of Honor - Where Combat Simulation Begins!
Posted Image
Your W.W.I Flight Sim Resource: News, Forums, Links, Downloads ...

Jagdstaffel 66 (J66_GremlinCO)

"It was my opinion that no kill was worth the life of a wingman ..."
Erich 'Bubi' Hartmann, highest scoring fighter ace in WWII (he never lost a wingman)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users