Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Having to go online for offline play - Wings Of Honor

Having to go online for offline play

3 replies to this topic

#1 Gremlin_WoH

Flight Leader

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 08:10 PM

Would you mind connecting to the official RoF servers for some short time when starting an offline single player game and when ending it?

What about game updates transferred automatically on your PC to keep every user on the same level?
Gremlin_WoH
Webmaster

Wings Of Honor - Where Combat Simulation Begins!
--Resize_Images_Alt_Text--
Your W.W.I Flight Sim Resource: News, Forums, Links, Downloads ...

Jagdstaffel 66 (J66_GremlinCO)

"It was my opinion that no kill was worth the life of a wingman ..."
Erich 'Bubi' Hartmann, highest scoring fighter ace in WWII (he never lost a wingman)

#2 Dutch

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 08:18 PM

I do not care, but there is nothing like a free meal.
But I do not need it, a based on history campaign mode is the most important game part for me.

#3 Murph

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 11:47 AM

S! Gremlin,

It's a bit of double edged sword as having to go online to play offline seems a needless step and with having auto updates there is always concerns of spyware, etc.

But if you want to keep every one using the same and latests file updates to avoid both game issues and for security reasons it's the smart way to go.

One just has to hope the auto downloads have been thoroughly tested before every one DTD's, lol.

S! Murph

#4 Gremlin_WoH

Flight Leader

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 07:41 PM

S! Murph,

the update dialogue starts before the user login and can be done without starting the game itself. But to play you need to log in to start the game itself. The login is there to check if you are entitled to start the game at all. Also there is the concern of cheating and thus everyone has to be on the same level of updates to play. A lot of possible customers expressed their dislike of this procedure but I think it should be a fair way to keep everyone on level at least for online play. The developers know both the Red Baron 3D world and the IL-2 world thus they did not want to repeat the negative experiences in online play I presume.
Gremlin_WoH
Webmaster

Wings Of Honor - Where Combat Simulation Begins!
--Resize_Images_Alt_Text--
Your W.W.I Flight Sim Resource: News, Forums, Links, Downloads ...

Jagdstaffel 66 (J66_GremlinCO)

"It was my opinion that no kill was worth the life of a wingman ..."
Erich 'Bubi' Hartmann, highest scoring fighter ace in WWII (he never lost a wingman)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users