• You cannot reply to this topic

two problems with RB3D

#1 User is offline   ddr 

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • posts 4

Posted 03 July 2008 - 05:01 PM

Salute to all!, i'have two problems with red baron: i've installed red baron 2 with official patches to have rb3d, but, in my "new" computer (pentium 4, 3,20 ghz, 512 mb ram, ati 9250) with or without openglide/dgvoodoo, the game (and the entire system) crash in all flight, or when i select something in the menu.

another problem is on my "resurrected" computer (pentium 3, 1 ghz, 128 mb ram, with an ati 9200): the game is ok whitout glide, but with open glide crash to desktop when end mission, and with dgvoodoo and hardware acceleration (without hard.accelaration the frame per second are ridicoulus -5-6 fps) the colors, cluods, trees and general textures are corrupted.

i tried different settings with dgvoodoo (no mipmapping, scale textures to 4 mb...), but without success, or i condamned to play in a poor no-3d graphic?
please help me!!

thanks!

#2 User is offline   Gremlin_WoH 

• Flight Leader
  • PipPipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • Group: Admin
  • posts 160

Posted 03 July 2008 - 07:34 PM

Looks like your installs are messed up. I would propose to do a fresh install of Red Baron II then patch it to Red Baron 3D and then install the latest official 1.0.7.8 patch. After that check if your installation works. If it works then copy this installation folder to a "master copy" folder. From this folder you can clone RB3D multiple times to try out Superpatches etc.

Look here to find out how to make multiple copies.

After you have done that add the first unofficial patch or for example the latest version of the dgVoodoo GLide wrapper and set it up according these tips & tricks.

Important: After each change in your RB3D folder (adding enhancements or patches) check it out if the game still works.

Sorry, it is a lot of work but the only way to find out what went wrong and to get a working installation of the game.

Also you should install the newest drivers for your graphics cards.

I have successfully transferred my Red Baron 3D installs from one computer to another and even after complete reinstalls of the operating system they still work without any new installation. I just copy over the folders.

Maybe this helps

Cheers
Gremlin_WoH
Webmaster

Wings Of Honor - Where Combat Simulation Begins!
--Resize_Images_Alt_Text--
Your W.W.I Flight Sim Resource: News, Forums, Links, Downloads ...

Jagdstaffel 66 (J66_GremlinCO)

"It was my opinion that no kill was worth the life of a wingman ..."
Erich 'Bubi' Hartmann, highest scoring fighter ace in WWII (he never lost a wingman)

#3 User is offline   ddr 

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • posts 4

Posted 04 July 2008 - 03:55 AM

thank you very much, i try another time to reinstall as you suggest, bye!

Share this topic:

• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users