Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_6/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_6/skin_topic.php:909) in /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_6/skin_topic.php:909) in /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 122

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_6/skin_topic.php:909) in /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 123

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_6/skin_topic.php:909) in /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_6/skin_topic.php:909) in /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_6/skin_topic.php:909) in /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Can we have a "mouse" view for RB? - Wings Of Honor

Can we have a "mouse" view for RB?

6 replies to this topic

#1 Cas

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 February 2003 - 11:06 AM

I feel a bit cheeky posting the first thread in this forum, especially as I have been playing Red baron for less than a week!!
But I'm hooked already.
I have been flight simming for some years. Started on FCG and thru EAW to IL-2 . Always loved WW! though and now thanks to glidos and Kess i can fly RB- (graphics are important to me, but I see why the RB lovers were keen about the other parameters re this sim - It is really excellent.
In the other sims Il-2 and EAW, the latter being quite old now, they have a mouse view.
As a result the hardware known as trackIR can be used.
http://games.naturalpoint.com/
For those of you who do not know what this does, it is the most immersive tool Ihave found for simming other than a joystick. Essentially, as you move your eye across the screen the view moves as if sat in the cockpit and turning your head. Does away with snap views, panning or even padlocking, though it is easily used along with padlocking.

So, what i am asking, seriously, is if it is possible, at this stage, for a mouse view to be brought into Red Baron;
and if it is - will someone please do that??

I hope you don't mind me putting a pointer to this in the general forum as well.

thanks

#2 WoH-Webmaster

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 05 February 2003 - 11:20 AM

Cas, on Feb 5 2003, 12:06 PM, said:

I feel a bit cheeky posting the first thread in this forum, especially as I have been playing Red baron for less than a week!!
But I'm hooked already.
I have been flight simming for some years. Started on FCG and thru EAW to IL-2 . Always loved WW! though and now thanks to glidos and Kess i can fly RB- (graphics are important to me, but I see why the RB lovers were keen about the other parameters re this sim - It is really excellent.
In the other sims Il-2 and EAW, the latter being quite old now, they have a mouse view.
As a result the hardware known as trackIR can be used.
http://games.naturalpoint.com/
For those of you who do not know what this does, it is the most immersive tool Ihave found for simming other than a joystick. Essentially, as you move your eye across the screen the view moves as if sat in the cockpit and turning your head. Does away with snap views, panning or even padlocking, though it is easily used along with padlocking.

So, what i am asking, seriously, is if it is possible, at this stage, for a mouse view to be brought into Red Baron;
and if it is - will someone please do that??

I hope you don't mind me putting a pointer to this in the general forum as well.

thanks
There is a free view in Red Baron 3D similar to IL-2 but it is not coupled with the mouse. In my configuration it is done by pressing a joystick button and moving the stick simultaneously. For further details please look into your manual as I don't remember the details. Also there is a help file in the Sierra\Red Baron 3D\Data folder. It is called RB3D.HLP. At least it is in my German version. You could try to map the view combination (Joystick + Button) to the TrackIR.

Hope this helps.
Gremlin_WoH
Webmaster

Wings Of Honor - Where Combat Simulation Begins!
Posted Image
Your W.W.I Flight Sim Resource: News, Forums, Links, Downloads ...

Jagdstaffel 66 (J66_GremlinCO)

"It was my opinion that no kill was worth the life of a wingman ..."
Erich 'Bubi' Hartmann, highest scoring fighter ace in WWII (he never lost a wingman)

#3 Pentallion

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 05 February 2003 - 10:39 PM

That wouldn't work very well. The pan view afforded by RB is really quite weak. If they could create a true mouse view system for RB that would be awesome. I don't think it would be possible though. Wouldn't someone have to have the source code for that?

#4 WoH-Webmaster

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 06 February 2003 - 10:40 AM

Pentallion, on Feb 5 2003, 11:39 PM, said:

That wouldn't work very well. The pan view afforded by RB is really quite weak. If they could create a true mouse view system for RB that would be awesome. I don't think it would be possible though. Wouldn't someone have to have the source code for that?
es, definitely, you would need the source code as it is hardcoded in the game.
Gremlin_WoH
Webmaster

Posted Image

Erich 'Bubi' Hartmann, highest scoring fighter ace in WWII (he never lost a wingman)

#5 Cas

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 February 2003 - 04:38 PM

Thanks for the replies, chaps. Looks like we are stymied.Pity.
Webmaster S!- The view you refer to, I think, is an external wher you press and hold "enter" while moving the joystick.Then you can go up and over and round your plane. But,as I say, this is external.

I suppose we could do with Dynamix (Sierra) doing a Rowan (Empire Interactive ) and releasing the source code ?
Ah well....

#6 An Unarmed Man

Observer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 07 February 2003 - 03:32 AM

Think we tried to approcah them about the source code once. Can't remember details but if I remember correctly they wanted alot of money for it. ;)
Salute!
Capt. Unarmed AAM***, BS
Fighter Pilot
Royal Air Corps

#7 WoH-Webmaster

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 07 February 2003 - 09:07 AM

Cas, on Feb 6 2003, 05:38 PM, said:

Thanks for the replies, chaps. Looks like we are stymied.Pity.
Webmaster S!- The view you refer to, I think, is an external wher you press and hold "enter" while moving the joystick.Then you can go up and over and round your plane. But,as I say, this is external.
It works in the cockpit view too with the joystick and one of its buttons pressed. But then you can't control the plane while looking around. Try it.
Gremlin_WoH
Webmaster

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users