docmartin's Content

There have been 7 items by docmartin (Search limited from 29-April 23)

Sort by                Order  

#165 Aces High

Posted by docmartin on 03 March 2003 - 04:33 PM in General Topics (WWI CFS)

Tracked the 'Aces High' CD-Rom down successfully through the link on the Ritterorden site, which is where I must have seen it originally. Anyway, I think I've managed to order it on line. As you say, it's for FS98 but I guess I can make it work in CFS1.

Many thanks for your help. ;)

#164 Aces High

Posted by docmartin on 03 March 2003 - 04:11 PM in General Topics (WWI CFS)

Thanks for the link. I'll check it out.

#106 ROTJ

Posted by docmartin on 24 January 2003 - 04:20 PM in Patches and Enhancements (RB3D)

OK, I goofed (yet again ;) ). Did a fresh install of ROTJ and in so doing realized the last time I installed it somehow I put all the files in Data rather than in Data\Simpatch. So I guess I was getting some odd file combinations which would account for the strange graphics. With the fresh (and correctly placed) install, the problems predictably enough have gone away (as well as the flyable Aviatik C1!). Anyway, thanks to all who replied.

#104 Aces High

Posted by docmartin on 23 January 2003 - 04:55 PM in General Topics (WWI CFS)

Thank you. At least the link proves that I hadn't imagined the existence of this add-on. I'll follow up and see what more I can find out.

#100 ROTJ

Posted by docmartin on 22 January 2003 - 09:39 PM in Patches and Enhancements (RB3D)

Hi Thor, thanks for the reply. I visit the SWISSA site almost every day. I recently found a thread in which it was mentioned that von Helton has given up RB altogether. He used to have a ROTJ forum on Delphi but that has now closed.

Graphics card? Don't make me laugh - I'm still in DD on an ancient steam-driven, lighting fast (in its day) 200 Mhz computer!!

I think I will just have to do a fresh install of ROTJ - just wish I knew what I've done with that useful little utility that eliminates the need to delete all the unnecessary files manually.

#98 Aces High

Posted by docmartin on 21 January 2003 - 09:11 PM in General Topics (WWI CFS)

I am aware of the "Combat Aces" add-on produced by Just Flight but I could have sworn I found on the internet somewhere another similar product providing a WWI package for CFS (or possibly FS) called "Aces High". However, a pretty exhaustive search only brought up the identically named WWII simulation. Does anyone know what I'm talking about? - I'm sure I didn't imagine it. :unsure:

#97 ROTJ

Posted by docmartin on 21 January 2003 - 09:06 PM in Patches and Enhancements (RB3D)

Now that the Baron has "gone West", is there anybody out there who knows anything about the structure of ROTJ? I have come across some pretty horrific bugs in the Aviatik CI (flyable in ROTJ) - wheels in external view are totally distorted, a "false" wing in cockpit view, fwd m/g doesn't work, no sign of the rear gunner in rear cockpit view.... What to do? :unsure: