Murph's Content

There have been 3 items by Murph (Search limited from 08-May 23)

Sort by                Order  

#784 OFF P3 Review

Posted by Murph on 20 May 2009 - 10:13 PM in General Topics (OFF)

Dear Santa,

I've been a very good boy and this year would like a new computer to be able to play and fly this sim.

In fact I've been so good could I get that new computer now as an advance on Christmas? :unsure:

S! Murph

#778 interview at WWiaircombat.com

Posted by Murph on 17 May 2009 - 12:07 PM in News (RoF)

S! Gents,

An inside source says online server play will be free and the additional planes may go for as little as a couple dollars or less per plane as they are released.

Apparently some one has thought this through as once the game itself is done being the hard and expensive part to produce (and we as players have helped offset those costs somewhat by paying for the boxed game) adding additional planes is both easy and gives them a renewbable income as are the costs of doing are more easily recovered by cheaper mass downloads of each new plane.

Let's hope so at least, lol.

S! Murph

#777 Having to go online for offline play

Posted by Murph on 17 May 2009 - 11:47 AM in General Topics (RoF)

S! Gremlin,

It's a bit of double edged sword as having to go online to play offline seems a needless step and with having auto updates there is always concerns of spyware, etc.

But if you want to keep every one using the same and latests file updates to avoid both game issues and for security reasons it's the smart way to go.

One just has to hope the auto downloads have been thoroughly tested before every one DTD's, lol.

S! Murph