Squeeto's Content

There have been 5 items by Squeeto (Search limited from 26-April 23)

Sort by                Order  

#88 Whoa! Sorry

Posted by Squeeto on 16 January 2003 - 07:30 AM in Multiplayer (RB3D)

:unsure:
Everything is working fine now. Thanx
Squeeto

#85 Whoa! Sorry

Posted by Squeeto on 15 January 2003 - 07:50 PM in Multiplayer (RB3D)

Thankyou Clay Pigeon, you are right.

I tried the 'basic setup' you suggested and it works fine. I will add on the visual improvements one at a time to see which one conflicts. Most of what I have downloaded just makes a prettier screen. One add on I saw along the way creates an invisible cockpit; I don't like the idea. This is a bit of a cheat and an advantage.

Is there any way in my server to ensure that pilots don't use this or should everyone be told to use it to keep the playing field fair?

ys Squeeto

#82 Whoa! Sorry

Posted by Squeeto on 15 January 2003 - 01:33 AM in Multiplayer (RB3D)

:unsure:
I wrote before that I couldn't get the server working but that little rb2serve dos file seems to be chugging along nicely. I now found out that I get the out of sync with other players flag if I go into anyone's game. Oops, sorry, still only my 2nd day.

So this is a different issue and one I still could use some help on. My ping was around 40 for the best site. Is this too big? I am running on cable modem. I can get a faster connection but it comes at a co$t.
This game is fun though! Thanks for the help before.
ys Squeeto

#80 Out of sync

Posted by Squeeto on 14 January 2003 - 08:51 PM in Multiplayer (RB3D)

Thankyou R. Gemmrig.
I unchecked 'security' and it worked fine. I know that this isn't a fix so I will check out the cookies like you advised. The only upgrade I used was the 1.0.7.8 that everyone provides. I did add the rb3dcld.spl file to the simpatch and Multi directories; this is supposed to create nicer looking clouds. Because I am only 2 days into this project, I downloaded a manager to help me. This program creates the cookies and the rb2server.ini and .scs. It also provides an unsanctioned version (ver 1.003) of rb2serve.exe. The program is called:
Red Baron Server Manager
by BA?Chevelle, www.wings-of-valor.org

#77 Out of sync

Posted by Squeeto on 14 January 2003 - 06:27 PM in Multiplayer (RB3D)

I just bought Red Baron 3D and it looks great! I have a few friends that would like to start online gaming with me (Descent 3, Quake 2, Unreal, whatever), and I would like to recommend RB3D. We want to play exclusive at first, so I want to create a server for 4 players on a small map. I can create the server, but when I go in to play, within 10 seconds I get a message about being out of synch with other players. The other guys haven't bought the game yet so I am going in alone! Ping is 0.

Can I play in the server game I setup?
I have:
installed version 1.0.7.8
baronmmp.exe (right click properties) version 1.0.0.7
rb2serve.exe (right click properties) version 1.0.0.3

I am on cable modem through a router, is this a problem?

Thankyou, ys Squeeto