Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_8/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_8/skin_topic.php:909) in /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_8/skin_topic.php:909) in /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_8/skin_topic.php:909) in /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_8/skin_topic.php:909) in /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_8/skin_topic.php:909) in /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Litte tidbit released - Wings Of Honor

Litte tidbit released

6 replies to this topic

#1 An Unarmed Man

Observer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 18 May 2003 - 01:22 AM

Little information put forth by the team, that Chevelle found

CAMPAIGN

KOE will feature a dynamic campaign that is even better than the one in Red Baron II. The best way to summarize it is this. The war will unfold along a historical timeline, but events along that timeline can be pulled forward, pushed back or eliminated based upon the players influence and performance. The great thing about this is that neither side is assured of victory.

SINGLE MISSIONS

We will have a tool for you to customize single missions. We know that sometimes you just don?t have time to get into the campaign or want to play around with ?what-if? scenarios.

SYSTEM SPECS

We aren?t quiet ready to comment on system specs but I can say that I personally will be upgrading from my PIII 550 w/ GeForce 2 to be able to play the game. If you are an avid gamer you?ll likely have a machine that will play KOE beautifully.

DAMAGE

While I can confidently say that our damage model is industry leading, to date, we don?t have plans to implement ?flapping pieces of fabric? when pieces get shot away. Even with today?s hardware getting that to act appropriately would require significant overhead. But don?t despair?I seriously doubt that you?ll be disappointed with what we are doing with damage.

MODS

The specific plans for player mod-ability haven?t been locked down yet. However, rest assured that we won?t be doing anything to preclude players from making mods.

PUBLISHER(S)

I can?t comment on publishers right now. We want to make sure that every interested player has access to KOE world wide. That makes our publisher selection(s) an important one. Rest assured when things are finalized we, and they I suspect, will be letting everyone know.

;)
Salute!
Capt. Unarmed AAM***, BS
Fighter Pilot
Royal Air Corps

#2 WoH-Webmaster

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 19 May 2003 - 01:26 PM

This is an interesting piece of information. The dynamic campaign is what Red Baron II/3D makes an immersive flight simulation. Plus if there were more things to happen on the ground while flying over the landscape it would be great. Like moving troops, trains, tanks or artillery battles between the front lines.

I wonder what is planned for multiplayer. If there is a multiplayer part with free servers like Red Baron II/3D has.

Questions over questions but only time will tell.

But anyways, thanks for the information, Unarmed.
Gremlin_WoH
Webmaster

Wings Of Honor - Where Combat Simulation Begins!
Posted Image
Your W.W.I Flight Sim Resource: News, Forums, Links, Downloads ...

Jagdstaffel 66 (J66_GremlinCO)

"It was my opinion that no kill was worth the life of a wingman ..."
Erich 'Bubi' Hartmann, highest scoring fighter ace in WWII (he never lost a wingman)

#3 An Unarmed Man

Observer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 20 May 2003 - 12:24 AM

Free MMP is a big thing, however, pay to play does have some distinct advantages, i've seen them first hand in Fighter Ace. Here you have true banning of pilots and consequences for your actions, suspension and revocation of your rights due to the fact that they can turn you on and off through your credit card. The drawbacks are that you are dependant on the company who's running it, if they make a patch you have to get it because the old version won't be supported any longer, Fighter ace 2.5-3.0 was met with a lot of resistance. Each has pro's and cons, it's just too bad that they could be integrated somehow.
Salute!
Capt. Unarmed AAM***, BS
Fighter Pilot
Royal Air Corps

#4 Pentallion

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 27 May 2003 - 10:37 PM

I really, REALY hope it is not pay to play online because if it is I won't be buying it and that will make me very sad :)

#5 AspectSim-JP4

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 June 2003 - 06:11 AM

Take heart Pentallion, unless there is a MAJOR change in plans KOE won't be pay to play.

Mathew 'JP4' Herman
Producer
Aspect Simulations, LLC

#6 Clay Pigeon

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 03 June 2003 - 12:31 AM

That is good news. I'll be watching progress and upgrading my computer. :)

CP

#7 An Unarmed Man

Observer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 03 June 2003 - 02:03 PM

Lol, i'm just gonna go buy a new one :)
Salute!
Capt. Unarmed AAM***, BS
Fighter Pilot
Royal Air Corps