Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_8/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_8/skin_topic.php:909) in /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_8/skin_topic.php:909) in /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_8/skin_topic.php:909) in /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_8/skin_topic.php:909) in /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_8/skin_topic.php:909) in /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
What is the best active WWI flight sim?? - Wings Of Honor

What is the best active WWI flight sim??

3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Guest_Die Fledermaus_*

• Guests

Posted 29 April 2003 - 10:24 PM

Hi. Just found this site. Does not look like anyone posts. I keep seeing forums listing topics and replies but when I go in it just says No Topics Were Found.

I played RB II and patched up to 3D. Loved it, was the only on-line gaming I did. Then the company shut down and the on-line servers went away, etc. Also the "Super Patch" really ruined most of the planes so I got frustrated and stopped going.

Well now I have a decent PC, a really good video card and cable. Never loaded RB again. But would if there was some place to play it.

I just stumbled on some web sites implying that RB was still be played out there in the world.

But this site mentions several other games or so it seems.

Are any of these NEW? Are they any good?

Do any have an on-line community? I am not much interested in home game playing. So I would like to find a game that has decent flight models and on-line combat.

I had even made a very nice skin for the Alb DIII, but no one had any interest in getting it from me : ( and then the Super Patch made the DIII practically worthless anyway.

But I would love to try playing again if there are places to play.

I would also love to find other WWI sims if they are as good or better than Red Baron was.

Thanks

tsp, nyc

#2 WoH-Webmaster

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 30 April 2003 - 05:35 AM

This site was once the most visited site for Red Baron 3D and other W.W.I flightsims. Then the site had a break and I brought it back last year. In the meantime the large Red Baron community went to http://www.vings-of-valor.net/

This place is pretty quiet as it is not the centre for the W.W.I flightsim community anymore. The visitors counts are pretty good, but the forum is not accepted so much anymore as there are a lot of forums out there for the specific W.W.I flightsim communities.

Red Baron 3D is still played online. As the server software was released by Sierra for free use there are a lot of servers running.

If you look around here you will find a lot of links to W.W.I flightsim project sites where you can find more specific information about every single flightsim.

The flightsim that fits your needs is the best flightsim ;)
Gremlin_WoH
Webmaster

Wings Of Honor - Where Combat Simulation Begins!
Posted Image
Your W.W.I Flight Sim Resource: News, Forums, Links, Downloads ...

Jagdstaffel 66 (J66_GremlinCO)

"It was my opinion that no kill was worth the life of a wingman ..."
Erich 'Bubi' Hartmann, highest scoring fighter ace in WWII (he never lost a wingman)

#3 Guest_RAF_Rebec_*

• Guests

Posted 01 May 2003 - 06:42 PM

S!

Go to this link:

http://sqhq.net/a_events/events00.htm

You'll get all the info you need on RB.

#4 ArgonV

Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts