Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_8/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_8/skin_topic.php:909) in /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_8/skin_topic.php:909) in /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_8/skin_topic.php:909) in /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_8/skin_topic.php:909) in /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_8/skin_topic.php:909) in /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
New W.W.I flight simulation in development - Wings Of Honor

New W.W.I flight simulation in development

10 replies to this topic

#1 WoH-Webmaster

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 26 April 2003 - 07:24 AM

A company called Aspect Simulations located in Denver/Colorado/USA announced the develpoment of a new W.W.I flightsimulation called 'Knights Over Europe'.

Quote:
"Aspect Simulations announces the development of their World War I combat flight simulation, KNIGHTS OVER EUROPE. Brought to you by a team whose collective experience includes Red Baron II, the Falcon 3 series, the Close Combat series and Fly II, KNIGHTS OVER EUROPE brings the dawn of aerial combat up-to-date with leading edge graphics, high fidelity flight models and precision damage modeling. Dozens of highly detailed aircraft with historically accurate markings will set the stage for an experience that will attract both hard-core flightsim fans and novices alike.

KNIGHTS OVER EUROPE is currently scheduled for release in the second quarter of 2004. Expect more news and announcements about this exciting new product in the coming months."

Those are good news.

Check out their website.
Gremlin_WoH
Webmaster

Wings Of Honor - Where Combat Simulation Begins!
Posted Image
Your W.W.I Flight Sim Resource: News, Forums, Links, Downloads ...

Jagdstaffel 66 (J66_GremlinCO)

"It was my opinion that no kill was worth the life of a wingman ..."
Erich 'Bubi' Hartmann, highest scoring fighter ace in WWII (he never lost a wingman)

#2 An Unarmed Man

Observer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 01 May 2003 - 09:37 PM

It looks like a good game, if it comes out without the bugs Red Baron has it will be a done deal, however it doesn't look as good as some of the stuff Kess has done. But what it lacks in that area it may make up for in others. Personally i'll wait till it gets to $25 before I owuld ever buy it ;)
Salute!
Capt. Unarmed AAM***, BS
Fighter Pilot
Royal Air Corps

#3 Scorpion (J9)

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 May 2003 - 10:00 PM

I'd like to know more about this title then what they are offering. Although I'm not sure what kind of feedback they would return, I'm half tempted to ask for me info about this title before they've locked development down.
In that little bit they gave us there was no mention of online play, which I think is what we all in the RB community crave.
I'm sure we could all come up with a list of things that we would and would not want to see in this new game.

#4 An Unarmed Man

Observer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 06 May 2003 - 03:13 PM

Well supposedly according to Sparrows PC Guru, those pictures are just that, pictures. The game will probably not look that clear. A few people I know have sent them e-mails and the feedback given to them was positive answering a few questions they asked, but keeping a few others shrouded in mystery. Hopefully the guy who did RB2 hasn't forgotten his roots and will come back to the Red Baron community and ask us what should be incorporated. As I see it we are one of the largest WWI sim groups out there, and for them to ignore us would probably not be in the best interest. ;)
Salute!
Capt. Unarmed AAM***, BS
Fighter Pilot
Royal Air Corps

#5 AspectSim-JP4

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 May 2003 - 01:18 AM

We are flight simmers just like you and we have similar ideas on what makes a great game. If you have suggestions let us know. In one forum someone told us that the cowling for our Fokker DrI was wrong. We checked our sources and they were right. As a result we are changing the model.

We will be releasing more information about "Knights Over Europe" as time goes on including information on: multiplayer, the dynamic campaign, flight models and the viewing system. We hope that dedicated WWI fans like yourselves will give us some feedback.

Cheers,

Mathew 'JP4' Herman
Producer
Aspect Simulations, LLC

#6 WoH-Webmaster

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 13 May 2003 - 10:19 AM

JP4,

thank you very much for giving us some insight. I am sure we will keep an eye on you ;)

Please feel free to inform me about new events. I will post it in the news on the front page to spread the word. I think I should create a new section for your sim here on the site and on the message board. Feel free to use the board for sharing ideas and for discussion as long as you don't have an own message board.

You and your team are welcome
Gremlin_WoH
Webmaster

Wings Of Honor - Where Combat Simulation Begins!
Posted Image
Your W.W.I Flight Sim Resource: News, Forums, Links, Downloads ...

Jagdstaffel 66 (J66_GremlinCO)

"It was my opinion that no kill was worth the life of a wingman ..."
Erich 'Bubi' Hartmann, highest scoring fighter ace in WWII (he never lost a wingman)

#7 AspectSim-JP4

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 May 2003 - 02:09 PM

Thanks for setting up a forum just for KOE. ;) I'll let the guys at the office know and encourage them to drop by.

Cheers,

Mathew 'JP4' Herman
Producer
Aspect Simulations, LLC

#8 An Unarmed Man

Observer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 14 May 2003 - 02:24 PM

S! sir and thanks, i'm just glad that while the game is being created you will have interaction with the people who will be buying it, something I think most of us like due to our experience with Sierra/Vivendi/whatever lol
Salute!
Capt. Unarmed AAM***, BS
Fighter Pilot
Royal Air Corps

#9 Pentallion

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 27 May 2003 - 10:25 PM

Wow! I am really impressed that he responded! That bodes very well for his sim. I will watch its development closely and wish his team the best of luck.

#10 LE~Pitbull

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 June 2003 - 12:53 AM

S! Mathew

when is there is a demo to try it out a litel???

LE~Pitbull

#11 An Unarmed Man

Observer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 16 June 2003 - 11:21 PM

LE~Pitbull, on Jun 14 2003, 07:53 PM, said:

S! Mathew

when is there is a demo to try it out a litel???

LE~Pitbull
Let me rephrase that for him, must have had the soup bone in his mouth :)

When will there be a semo so we can try out the game?
Salute!
Capt. Unarmed AAM***, BS
Fighter Pilot
Royal Air Corps

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users