Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_8/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_8/skin_topic.php:909) in /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_8/skin_topic.php:909) in /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_8/skin_topic.php:909) in /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_8/skin_topic.php:909) in /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_8/skin_topic.php:909) in /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Glidos - Wings Of Honor

Glidos

4 replies to this topic

#1 Skidmark

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 November 2002 - 08:21 PM

I'm a DD (TNT2) user. Tried that Glidos wrapper and it really changed the sim big time. The Bluesky patch worked(don't notice it in DD),but my machine is too puny to handle the input-flying is a series of stills with occassional freezes and sometimes locks up exiting a mission. Oh well, someday! :P
I am the Skidmark

#2 An Unarmed Man

Observer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 03 November 2002 - 08:29 PM

Never Followed the devlopement of the Glidos thing. Can you explain a little bit about it?
Salute!
Capt. Unarmed AAM***, BS
Fighter Pilot
Royal Air Corps

#3 WoH-Webmaster

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 04 November 2002 - 10:02 AM

Glidos is an environment to bring the 'OpenGLide' glide wrapper to DOS games. What most people are refering to Glidos for Red Baron 3D is the OpenGLide Dynamic Link Library for Windows named 'glide2x.dll' which emulates Glide graphics calls to Direct3D calls. Thus it is possible to play 3Dfx games on a modern Direct3D graphics card like the ATi or NVidia series. Glidos itself is just an adaption to play older DOS games with a 3Dfx card emulation. It seems to be a wrapper for the wrapper :P

Actually OpenGLide seems to work pretty well with Red Baron 3D except you need a fast system and it seems rather to work with modern NVidia based cards than ATi cards.

There is still room for improvement.
Gremlin_WoH
Webmaster

Wings Of Honor - Where Combat Simulation Begins!
Posted Image
Your W.W.I Flight Sim Resource: News, Forums, Links, Downloads ...

Jagdstaffel 66 (J66_GremlinCO)

"It was my opinion that no kill was worth the life of a wingman ..."
Erich 'Bubi' Hartmann, highest scoring fighter ace in WWII (he never lost a wingman)

#4 Skidmark

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 November 2002 - 03:36 AM

Well,Unarmed Man,if you are running RB in Direct Draw and have a top-end machine you may want to try the Glidos wrapper to see a completely different sim!
I am the Skidmark

#5 Thor

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 27 November 2002 - 08:38 PM

Salute! All,

My two pennies here on Glidos/Opengl.

Using Dell build 8100 series 1.3 P4 768 ram with GeForce3, updated drivers and added the dll files. Really nice graphics better in appearance than the Voodoo3 card I gave to my nephew for his RB :P

For me I get an fps hit with sunglare on and when more than 5 aircraft in range Allied or German doesn't matter friend or foe.

FPS running 30 to 50 with hits down to 19 to 25 under right circumstances. Think a lot of hits also a function of how RB draws the sky and time of day colors.
Thor

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users