Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_8/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_8/skin_topic.php:909) in /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_8/skin_topic.php:909) in /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_8/skin_topic.php:909) in /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_8/skin_topic.php:909) in /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_8/skin_topic.php:909) in /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
RBPA? - Wings Of Honor

RBPA?

3 replies to this topic

#1 Clay Pigeon

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 07 February 2003 - 09:59 AM

Having seen the topic on the WOV BBS, and not being a member there, I thought I would express some thoughts on the matter here. Good a place as any. :) Better, as I doubt I will get flamed here. :)

This idea has been kicking around since Red Baron II came out. For one reason or another, it hasn't quite worked.

Now Jager and Irish are trying to drum up support for a new alliance that they hope will provide players with a central committee to organize Red Baron into a new and better game.

This sounds wonderful. No longer will the oppressed Red Baron player be at the mercy of the capitalist server mongers... Oops! Sorry! Wrong diatribe. ;)

Irish and Jager may have the best of intentions, but I wonder what effect this will really have upon the game? Will this be merely another way to divide up Red Baron players? Now, not only AFM and NFM, SP and MMP, but Union and Non-Union?

I have nothing against the idea, and am looking forward to seeing what develops, but you must understand from reading the above that I look at this idea with some reservation.

Just some thoughts, as it is early in the morning and I'm not sleepy yet (too much caffeine).

Also a good way to start a discussion on this board. :)

Clay Pigeon

#2 An Unarmed Man

Observer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 07 February 2003 - 11:17 PM

I've been following this quite closely due to the fact that I want to get in it to be the representatvie to Rhinebeck lol. Me and Jager talked about this a little bit at Rhinebeck and personally I thought it was a good idea. You must realise that all the talk on WoV is just ideas, nothing is finalized, nothing is set up for it yet. This is just the brainstorming part of the project, then you move into rough draft, then you have the final to pitch to everyone. Hopefully this takes flight, in the beginning it may seem eliteist, however once you get more squads and such joining we may see the full potential
Salute!
Capt. Unarmed AAM***, BS
Fighter Pilot
Royal Air Corps

#3 Pentallion

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 08 February 2003 - 07:10 PM

What would be the purpose of it? Would there be some advantage to belonging to it?

It obviously won't keep out dishonorable or disruptive players. Just check out the recent Bedchek/Voss fiasco on WOV to see the lack of stringent enforcement of any dishonorable behaviour that goes on. Everyone's too eager to give people 2nd, 3rd, 10th chances, rendering any attempt to create an environment of honorable players impossible.

In Iron Skies, the new online war for Forgotten Battles, we have a simple rule: If one squad says "No, we don't want him/them in our game, then we tell them sorry, you are not accepted here"
Seems elitist but it's the only way to run a war and limit the trouble makers.

Since the people of Red Baron seem incapable of enforcing their code of honor, I fail to see what possible advantage would lie in belonging to the RBPA.

#4 An Unarmed Man

Observer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 09 February 2003 - 04:43 AM

It wouldn't just be for the game, it would be for the trips we have, such as Dayton and Rhinebeck. This way there would be something centralized rather then just individuals. I think lol
Salute!
Capt. Unarmed AAM***, BS
Fighter Pilot
Royal Air Corps

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users