Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_8/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_8/skin_topic.php:909) in /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_8/skin_topic.php:909) in /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_8/skin_topic.php:909) in /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_8/skin_topic.php:909) in /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_8/skin_topic.php:909) in /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
New Theory On Flamer Boots - Wings Of Honor

New Theory On Flamer Boots

5 replies to this topic

#1 An Unarmed Man

Observer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 29 October 2002 - 02:36 AM

Due to Rens new security patch he has developed a new thery on why we get booted from the servers when someone flames. This coupled with a few observations from pilots flying the GW6 alternate FM. They have noticed that flame boots had seemed less in those servers, the reason?

"you can NOT run security ON on a GW6 server........
and that would impede booting someone on basis of a bad checksum....."
(Rens, www.wings-of-valor.org)

The checksum issue is based on that the server software, with security on, will pretty much overload itself. Now instead of the server shutting down and booting everyone anyway, or they could use the flamer bug and write the checksum error into it, this way only the people are booted and the server stays running.

None of this is confirmed yet but I will be watching it closely and report information back
Salute!
Capt. Unarmed AAM***, BS
Fighter Pilot
Royal Air Corps

#2 WoH-Webmaster

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 29 October 2002 - 05:24 PM

Hmmm ... Rens is right. Not everyone gets booted. Most times I 'survive' a flamer boot. I thought the guys with the lowest ping times will survive a flamer boot because they can keep up with the data packets the server sends to the client. I could be wrong though.
Gremlin_WoH
Webmaster

Wings Of Honor - Where Combat Simulation Begins!
Posted Image
Your W.W.I Flight Sim Resource: News, Forums, Links, Downloads ...

Jagdstaffel 66 (J66_GremlinCO)

"It was my opinion that no kill was worth the life of a wingman ..."
Erich 'Bubi' Hartmann, highest scoring fighter ace in WWII (he never lost a wingman)

#3 Clay Pigeon

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 29 October 2002 - 08:24 PM

That does seem the most logical reason. When flying on a dial-up modem, I did notice that I was booted sometimes, and sometimes I was not. The luck of the connection, I guess.

CP

#4 An Unarmed Man

Observer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 29 October 2002 - 10:11 PM

Yeah I use dial-up as well.. however I survive them only about 1 out of a 100 times lol
Salute!
Capt. Unarmed AAM***, BS
Fighter Pilot
Royal Air Corps

#5 Clay Pigeon

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 30 October 2002 - 02:04 AM

Unarmed,

I'm on ADSL now. Occasionally I will get booted by a flamer now. Much better. :P

CP

#6 An Unarmed Man

Observer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 30 October 2002 - 03:28 AM

DSl has just become available in my area, however I can't afford it lol.
Salute!
Capt. Unarmed AAM***, BS
Fighter Pilot
Royal Air Corps

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users