Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_8/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_8/skin_topic.php:909) in /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_8/skin_topic.php:909) in /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_8/skin_topic.php:909) in /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_8/skin_topic.php:909) in /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_8/skin_topic.php:909) in /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Flying Corps Gold - Wings Of Honor

Flying Corps Gold

5 replies to this topic

#1 Phil

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 10:39 PM

Hello,

I believe "Rise of Flight" has become a benchmark for WWI and probably WWII flight simulators. Because of the contemporary roughness of its graphics, I fail to see why "Red Baron 3D" still retains a large following. However, I am still attracted to "Flying Corps Gold" because of its visual beauty for its release date as well as its sound quality. Flight dynamics can not match ROF, but the latter is ten years newer in technology. Although FCG remains a favorite, it is becoming a memory because it is user-hostile.

The program did run on my system previously. Two years ago,though, a virus destroyed the system drive. FCG was a victim. I have been attempting since to reinstall FCG, but with no luck. While I have augmented the CPU horsepower, the base remains XP (Service Pack 3) supported by a Geforce 7800GT. I have read, and to the best of my abilities, applied the Micheal Gardiner 2002 and 2008 instructions for XP installation.

I configure the "Install" to the recommended compatibility and modify the "Setup" to accomodate an installation. Each time a clean installation is applied, followed by a "fc_111y" patch application as well as a 8F8F6139-14CE-4228-9507-280CA3147DF7.zip\ or SMACK DLL upgrade. I do have a 0192297F-3102-4512-A0F3-E54A3F4DF56F.zip patch remaining which contains apparent similar files as the famous "Y" patch. After applying these two patches, I set the "WFLY" to a Win95 compatibility. I complete by a system reboot.

A launch starts then fails due to memory reference errors. No matter how much I fiddle with the compatibility settings the program will either fail to launch or crashes due to memory errors. At this point of repeat attempts to return to an operational program, I am fearing that the Catholic Church was correct in warning me that repeats of the same action like this will lead to blindness.

To avoid sin and perdition, I ask if anyone has an "Idiots Guide" toward a functional XP installation or an alternate FX compatible exe or even a miraculous FCG XP download source? If this forum which I view as a leader in flight simulator experience, I will accept that further repeated attempts to obtain a FCG launch on my XP system will end in sinful blindness.

Thank You In Advance

#2 Gremlin_WoH

Flight Leader

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 08:36 PM

Hi Phil,

did you follow the instructions on our FCG Tips & Tricks page on the classic WoH website?

Link: FCG Tips & Tricks

Cheers

Gremlin
Gremlin_WoH
Webmaster

Wings Of Honor - Where Combat Simulation Begins!
--Resize_Images_Alt_Text--
Your W.W.I Flight Sim Resource: News, Forums, Links, Downloads ...

Jagdstaffel 66 (J66_GremlinCO)

"It was my opinion that no kill was worth the life of a wingman ..."
Erich 'Bubi' Hartmann, highest scoring fighter ace in WWII (he never lost a wingman)

#3 Phil

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 11:25 PM

Gruss Gremlin!

The reason I returned to 'Wings of Honor' is because this forum offers the best advice on WWI simulators. I had noted the Flying Corps Gold instructional guide previously. So, I have been attempting AGAIN and Again and again to get the simulator to launch. I start by deleting the old install and the follow the proper perliminaries to a new installation by adjusting the properties on the installer. I have followed the proper patch sequence and the application of the new 'Smack.dll' but with no success. But after several frustrations I only receive a black screen followed by the Windows thud and the warning that "Instruction at 0x0043a985 referenced memory at 0x026c0000. The memory could not be 'written' "

Prior to the infamous virus assault, the program did work. RBD3D does work again. However, the only change since the rebuild of the system was a newer processor (from Athlon 64 to Intel Core Duo). It remains XP operating system. Does anyone have any ideas how to repair/work around this memory error?

Regards,

#4 Phil

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 08:21 PM

Hello, Hello....

After several frustrating attempts to follow "Tips and Tricks" regarding the operation of Flying Corps Gold on XP SP3, I spent time in September uninstalling and reinstalling the main program and then following in proper sequence the 'patch' tricks. Yet each time I made this attempt, I received the same memory instruction error as early September. It is now late October. Is there an explanation for this error? How can I avoid it to obtain a functional simulator?

Regards,

#5 Gremlin_WoH

Flight Leader

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 07:45 PM

Phil,

I presume it is a hardware incompatibility. I got it running on my six years old laptop with Windows XP SP3. In your case I am out of ideas now. Sorry. These instructions should make it work. Yet they are several years old now and may be based on older hardware specs. You could only try to run it in a virtual machine with Windows XP installed like VirtualBox. They offer 3D acceleration now but simulate a more basic hardware. Also it may be that one of the recent Windows XP or driver updates may have broken it. If you have a older machine and a copy of Windows 95 then you could also give this a try.

Cheers

Gremlin
Gremlin_WoH
Webmaster

Wings Of Honor - Where Combat Simulation Begins!
--Resize_Images_Alt_Text--
Your W.W.I Flight Sim Resource: News, Forums, Links, Downloads ...

Jagdstaffel 66 (J66_GremlinCO)

"It was my opinion that no kill was worth the life of a wingman ..."
Erich 'Bubi' Hartmann, highest scoring fighter ace in WWII (he never lost a wingman)

#6 jerryb

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 06:50 PM

Hi, I'm trying to install FCG on XP sp3 but no luck just like Phil has anyone had any sucess lately???????

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users