Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_8/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_8/skin_topic.php:909) in /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_8/skin_topic.php:909) in /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_8/skin_topic.php:909) in /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_8/skin_topic.php:909) in /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_8/skin_topic.php:909) in /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Recent Download Problems - Wings Of Honor

Recent Download Problems

8 replies to this topic

#1 Gremlin_WoH

Flight Leader

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 08:33 PM

Hello all,

currently some users have troubles downloading files via the download manager of this message board. I have tested this with my administrator account as well as with a test user account. Downloading works with both account types and also the file archive is o.k. and not corrupted. Additionally I now have tested with following browsers:

Firefox 3.6
Internet Explorer 7
Internet Explorer 8
Opera 11
Google Chrome 9.0
Iron 5.0 (a Google Chrome derivative)
Apple Safari 4.5

All these browsers work just like they should.

Why it does not work for some of you leaves me puzzled. There could be some other reasons:

1.) Not signed in or login somehow garbled (please log out and log in again). You need to be signed in for downloading.
2.) Cookies for wingsofhonor.com not permitted (please allow them in your browser)
3.) Javascript disabled for this site (please enable it)
4.) I forgot (will add later)

If it does not work for you please leave your feedback here and describe what browser you use and what happens when you try downloading. Also try downloading the other files and tell me what happens there.

Gremlin

Edited by Gremlin_WoH, 04 February 2011 - 09:17 PM.
Added Google Chrome to the browser list.

Gremlin_WoH
Webmaster

Wings Of Honor - Where Combat Simulation Begins!
--Resize_Images_Alt_Text--
Your W.W.I Flight Sim Resource: News, Forums, Links, Downloads ...

Jagdstaffel 66 (J66_GremlinCO)

"It was my opinion that no kill was worth the life of a wingman ..."
Erich 'Bubi' Hartmann, highest scoring fighter ace in WWII (he never lost a wingman)

#2 elephant

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 10:02 PM

Everything works fine!
I couldn't download 'cause My account was not yet approoved, I guess...
Thumbs up for the site revamp! ;)

#3 Endy

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 01:59 PM

Hi,

I joined yesterday 4th Feb. and couldn't download. Tried this morning, and everything OK.
Thanks Gremlin and Pat.
All I need now is that Sun Java thingy, does anyone know big it is please?

Regards.

#4 Gremlin_WoH

Flight Leader

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 08:10 PM

Thanks for the feedback. At last it seems I have sorted it out. Now I need to know if Pat still has problems.

Cheers
Gremlin_WoH
Webmaster

Erich 'Bubi' Hartmann, highest scoring fighter ace in WWII (he never lost a wingman)

#5 TomWulf

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Interests:WW1 flightsims, MMORPG, Football, Kite Boarding

Posted 27 April 2011 - 10:58 PM

Hello,

I joined today and tried to download pat wilson campaign generator for Rise of Flight 9.2.

When I am on the site without being logged in I can see a download button but of course cannot download it. Now when I log in I cannot see that download button at all. However the download link on the right site of the page for the previous version works.

I tried it on Firefox 4.0, IE9 and Opera 11 after I saw that browser is in the officially working ones mentioned. All with the same result.

As far as I can tell I am approved and I should be able to download or am I missing something ?

Thanks a lot, browsing in the meantime a bit the forums, lots of interesting things here :)

Edited by TomWulf, 27 April 2011 - 10:59 PM.

#6 Gremlin_WoH

Flight Leader

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 07:41 PM

View PostTomWulf, on 27 April 2011 - 10:58 PM, said:

Hello,

I joined today and tried to download pat wilson campaign generator for Rise of Flight 9.2.

When I am on the site without being logged in I can see a download button but of course cannot download it. Now when I log in I cannot see that download button at all. However the download link on the right site of the page for the previous version works.

I tried it on Firefox 4.0, IE9 and Opera 11 after I saw that browser is in the officially working ones mentioned. All with the same result.

As far as I can tell I am approved and I should be able to download or am I missing something ?

Thanks a lot, browsing in the meantime a bit the forums, lots of interesting things here :)

Tom,

you need to be approved manually by me to post and download. I have approved you in the meantime but do not know if you tried to download before or after that. Please try it again. If it fails please log out and log in again. Also please allow wingsofhonour.com to set cookies in your browser (before you log in).

Please try this and report back.

Thanks.
Gremlin_WoH
Webmaster

#7 sc1949

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 03:19 AM

Hello Gremlin_WoH, could you tell me why I can download the Fokker Skin file, But the RoF campaign 9.3 refuses to let me download it. I got an email to say I had been Validated, have cookies on etc, installed Java, but when I click on download it tries with Free download manager, but then just says Stopped. Have also tried right click and "Save as", but my download manager still comes up, but same thing happens. Thanks for your assistance.

sc1949

#8 sc1949

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 03:37 AM

View Postsc1949, on 30 June 2011 - 03:19 AM, said:

Hello Gremlin_WoH, could you tell me why I can download the Fokker Skin file, But the RoF campaign 9.3 refuses to let me download it. I got an email to say I had been Validated, have cookies on etc, installed Java, but when I click on download it tries with Free download manager, but then just says Stopped. Have also tried right click and "Save as", but my download manager still comes up, but same thing happens. Thanks for your assistance.

sc1949

Found the problem, it was the download manager, a setting that watched your browser, so I unticked that and used Right click "save as" and got it. Funny how it let me get the skin file without same problem though.

#9 Gremlin_WoH

Flight Leader

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 08:52 PM

Glad you found a solution. Modern software has gotten too complex. ;)

Cheers
Gremlin_WoH
Webmaster

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users