Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_8/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_8/skin_topic.php:909) in /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_8/skin_topic.php:909) in /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_8/skin_topic.php:909) in /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_8/skin_topic.php:909) in /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_8/skin_topic.php:909) in /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
AMD CPU's - Wings Of Honor

AMD CPU's

12 replies to this topic

#1 Dutch

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 06:11 PM

I want to upgrade my PC to a AMD Athlon 64 X2 6400+ 3,2Ghz dual core CPU, AMD

Did some search, looks to me the AMD 6400+ can be compared to the Intel Dualcore E6600 to E6750. But the ranking is strongly depending on what game your playing (RoF is not tested) so this will give me only a rough indication.
Keep in mind I will do no CPU overclocking.

This upgrade is mainly done for playing RoF, so is this the right CPU for playing RoF or is this game then only to play at low settings.

#2 Dutch

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 09:03 PM

Did do the CPU upgrading, because this CPU is becoming a rare item at the (web-) shops. PC is now faster but still do not know if it will bring me the performance to play RoF. Could find nothing on the RoF website which is difficult to read now a days. Gremlin did you play the beta and can you give any advice??

Still have to do a Gigabyte ATI HD4780-1Gb Videocard upgrade, but at this point I can wait, prices will become lower because of the future DirectX11 cards and the smaller GPU form factor releases.

#3 Gremlin_WoH

Flight Leader

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 09:26 PM

Dutch, I will get some answers from neoqb soon and will publish an interview which will cover some of your questions. For example depending on the use of Nvidia's PhysX library it may be better to buy Nvidia instead of AMD/ATI. Stay tuned.
Gremlin_WoH
Webmaster

Wings Of Honor - Where Combat Simulation Begins!
--Resize_Images_Alt_Text--
Your W.W.I Flight Sim Resource: News, Forums, Links, Downloads ...

Jagdstaffel 66 (J66_GremlinCO)

"It was my opinion that no kill was worth the life of a wingman ..."
Erich 'Bubi' Hartmann, highest scoring fighter ace in WWII (he never lost a wingman)

#4 Dutch

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 09:02 PM

Ok, no problem, OFF3 can handle my old Video card and the RoF eurozone release date is still to come.

The max videocard dimension my PC can handle are the single slot cards from Gigabyte, for a ATI GPU it is the HD4780 and nVidia GPU its the GTX9800+ both 1Gb cards. For me its important; a compact coolingsystem near the slot, so it will fit in my BTX mobo. If the GPU can be lesser in performance or in memory I have more choices, but the price differance is very small so I'm going for the best GPU (=performance) that can fit in my PC.
If it is a Nvidia then I'm must go for the Gigabyte GTX9800+ see Gigabyte GTX9800+

For the ATI4780 it will be the Gigabyte ATI HD4780

System is now XP32 sp3 and 4Gbmem but I still have the additional Vista32bit and I have an XP64bit Dvd now.
It will be nice if you can ask them about my PC-outfit

Danke,

#5 Dutch

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 10:04 PM

I'm trying to get a Eastern Europe RoF player reply, to figure out, because it appears that there is difference in Nvidia and ATI GPU.
Here some benchmarks like in MS-FSX this game is also demanding a lott CPU power and less GPU.
tomshardware

A big GTX2xx SLI is not the best for playing MS-FSX

#6 Gremlin_WoH

Flight Leader

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 04:32 PM

Dutch, FSX is a resource hog. There are comparably few computers that can run it with all bells and whistles. Also trhe graphics engine is a lot different for all flight sims. You can not compare FSX to RoF performance-wise. Last I heard was that the newst patch for RoF raised the frame rates a bit.

Still waiting for information about the CPU and GPU usage from neoqb.
Gremlin_WoH
Webmaster

Erich 'Bubi' Hartmann, highest scoring fighter ace in WWII (he never lost a wingman)

#7 Dutch

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 21 June 2009 - 12:44 PM

Did you recieve any info regarding GPU brand from NeoQb????

Best regards

#8 Dutch

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 09:28 PM

No PhysX or Cuda in RoF, fund a listing at Nvidia site.
Also I made a failure the card is not a ATI HD4780 but a ATI HD4870.

#9 Gremlin_WoH

Flight Leader

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 09:00 PM

Dutch, sorry, I did not get any answers from neoqb since I asked my questions on May 19th. I do not know why. They do not answer my e-mails.

By the way, did you see they changed the minimum requirements:
-> http://riseofflight.com/About.aspx
Gremlin_WoH
Webmaster

#10 Dutch

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 10:03 PM

NeoQb, aerosoft, gogamer all are official publishers and all using differed spec's It is so primitive!!!!
:unsure:

#11 Gremlin_WoH

Flight Leader

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 10:31 PM

Yeah, different specs, different forums and so on. Now I have at least three RoF forums to visit to learn about news and ongoing topics and I do not read all of them I do not get the whole picture. A little more bundled information would help not wasting precious time.
Gremlin_WoH
Webmaster

#12 Dutch

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 10:59 PM

Got today the:
Sapphire HD4890-1Gb VaporX;
Crucial Ballistix 4Gb RAM
Corsair TX750W

Only for playing OFF3 and RoF , my wife should know :unsure:

#13 Gremlin_WoH

Flight Leader

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 08:21 PM

Sounds great. Game on! Tell me what your frame rates are. Your wife will see it on the electricity bill :unsure:
Gremlin_WoH
Webmaster

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users