Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_8/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_8/skin_topic.php:909) in /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_8/skin_topic.php:909) in /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_8/skin_topic.php:909) in /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_8/skin_topic.php:909) in /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_8/skin_topic.php:909) in /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Rise Of Flight: Statement About The Online Aspect - Wings Of Honor

Rise Of Flight: Statement About The Online Aspect

• You cannot reply to this topic
No replies to this topic

#1 Gremlin_WoH

Flight Leader

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 08:06 PM

As a reaction to the ongoing discussions about having to go online even for the single player part of Rise Of Flight the newest entry in the RoF Developer's Blog is talking about the reasons and the advantages.

Albert 'Loft' Zhiltsov, Gaming Producer:
Today we will tell you about what is 'Rise of Flight' in a real life. First of all I would like to begin with telling you what it's actually not, it's not your just another 'CD' with game on it.

Rise Of Flight will be a flight simulation with ongoing development relying on the online play. Also the automatically downloaded updates will provide the users with a common base, bug fixes and improvements. Statistics of the users of the multi player environment can be seen worldwide. Note: it was speculated about this being true also for single player mode. This is excluded by the developers: At any time and any game server (multi player or career mode) your statistics will be counted and shown in statistics worldwide (except singleplayer mode). Also for users the possibility of earning some money by providing the community with self-developed add ons is mentioned. This was mentioned also about half a year before. Read the full blog entry here.

Also this bit of information is interesting:
Just a small notice for everyone with traffic or internet connection problem. For "career mode" or "singleplayer mode" you will only need connection to start up or end up your mission (for your statistics). The rest of the time basically you don't have to be connected to the internet. 3-4 hours play traffic will equal to one downloaded page on our blog. In "multiplayer mode" you should be connected to the internet at all time.

That confirms the speculations about needing an internet connection also for single play even if it is only needed for transferring some data on the beginning and the end of a single play session.

Source: Rise Of Flight Developers Blog

Rise Of Flight Website

Gremlin_WoH
Webmaster

Wings Of Honor - Where Combat Simulation Begins!
--Resize_Images_Alt_Text--
Your W.W.I Flight Sim Resource: News, Forums, Links, Downloads ...

Jagdstaffel 66 (J66_GremlinCO)

"It was my opinion that no kill was worth the life of a wingman ..."
Erich 'Bubi' Hartmann, highest scoring fighter ace in WWII (he never lost a wingman)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users