Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_8/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_8/skin_topic.php:909) in /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_8/skin_topic.php:909) in /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_8/skin_topic.php:909) in /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_8/skin_topic.php:909) in /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_8/skin_topic.php:909) in /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
interview at WWiaircombat.com - Wings Of Honor

interview at WWiaircombat.com

6 replies to this topic

#1 Dutch

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 10:19 AM

Good topics about RoF concerning the online game system. This online could be a sales problem, combat fly simmers are conservartive gamers, personally I do not care.
It looks to me they want to enter the biggest market, the shooter/adventure game. If so, then this could be a problem the graphics are very primitive if you compaire this to the new shooter/adventure games. (ever seen Killzone2 on the PS3). These young guys are spoiled with realistic graphics, if they are going back to comicfilm look then its should be something like a intergrated movement gadgeds you find in the Wii.
See noting about a campaign mode. If so then it is not my game, [I HOPE NOT], stil it is the best graphic Combatfly sim available :( .

Stil see nothing for a release date, so its stil in the beta phase. My bed autum 2009.

#2 Gremlin_WoH

Flight Leader

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 03:52 PM

I can not estimate how this will work out with the online connection even if you are playing Single Player only.

About the release date: the Russian publisher still says April 2009.
Link to Google translated webpage
Gremlin_WoH
Webmaster

Wings Of Honor - Where Combat Simulation Begins!
--Resize_Images_Alt_Text--
Your W.W.I Flight Sim Resource: News, Forums, Links, Downloads ...

Jagdstaffel 66 (J66_GremlinCO)

"It was my opinion that no kill was worth the life of a wingman ..."
Erich 'Bubi' Hartmann, highest scoring fighter ace in WWII (he never lost a wingman)

#3 Dutch

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 06:08 PM

Get a answer back from Rama at the Rof blog, yep there is a campaign mode. Yep this sounds like music in my ears.

Gesch?tzte datum - April 2009.
Still I think it will be autum 2009

#4 Gremlin_WoH

Flight Leader

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 07:02 PM

Yeah, I think also we are far away from an April 2009 release date. Your estimation of autumn 2009 sounds about right. Some heated discussion over there at the RoF Blog as well as on SimHQ.

Still wondering what will it cost me in the end to have the full game with all planes?
Gremlin_WoH
Webmaster

Erich 'Bubi' Hartmann, highest scoring fighter ace in WWII (he never lost a wingman)

#5 Dutch

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 08:12 PM

I think that will be the trick, for a decent gameplay now you have only two planes, for the aditional planes they are talking about, will be extra $$$.

#6 Murph

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 12:07 PM

S! Gents,

An inside source says online server play will be free and the additional planes may go for as little as a couple dollars or less per plane as they are released.

Apparently some one has thought this through as once the game itself is done being the hard and expensive part to produce (and we as players have helped offset those costs somewhat by paying for the boxed game) adding additional planes is both easy and gives them a renewbable income as are the costs of doing are more easily recovered by cheaper mass downloads of each new plane.

Let's hope so at least, lol.

S! Murph

#7 Gremlin_WoH

Flight Leader

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 07:53 PM

S! Murph,

server play is free and the software to run a dedicated server comes with the game already as well as the mission editor.

About the price of planes: I presume they will be released in couples like the first to couples Spad XIII/Fokker D.VII and Nieuport 28/Albatros D.Va. The planes will be all available as AI steered units and basically a user pays for the cockpit of each plane. I heard also about a low price but that were rumours. I do not know if everyone would buy all planes. Maybe only when they are cheap. Red Baron 3D for example has about 22 flyable planes of which I only fly 3 to 4 or so. The rest I do ignore with my limited time. The same goes for Over Flanders Fields with 39 flyables where I have tried quite a few while flying campaigns but I concentrate also on 3 to 4 of them and select the squadrons and dates accordingly.

In RoF I would certainly buy the Dr.I, an Fokker D.VIII if it ever would be released, and a two-seater like the Roland C.I for the early part of the war. As for the rest: only to fill up the sim because of collection reasons.
Gremlin_WoH
Webmaster

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users