Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_8/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_8/skin_topic.php:909) in /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_8/skin_topic.php:909) in /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_8/skin_topic.php:909) in /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_8/skin_topic.php:909) in /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_8/skin_topic.php:909) in /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
AI Takeoff problem fixed! - Wings Of Honor

AI Takeoff problem fixed!

1 reply to this topic

#1 ArgonV

Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 11:37 PM

Yes, you did read that correctly. All, and I mean ALL FS-WWI aircraft can now take off under AI control!

The solution resided in the propElements, propMM and propPitch properties. Once I plugged in a custom tweaked set of propElements numbers and adjusted the rest (Including drag), the AI can now fly these kites properly on takeoff.

This means that old and slow kites that have never been able to take off under AI control before now can! (Bleriot, Taube, Ilya V, and many many others that were underpowered) These aircraft fly within 5-10 mph of their recorded top speeds (Or right on the money in many cases) and still bleed energy and handle authentically. Campaigns and missions in which the AI need to get airborne now all work as they should. Another side-effect from this is that dogfights with the AI are more intense. The AI are now less likely to stall out and start "searching" for altitude.

I've only got a few things in the works or needing to get done left for Plane Pack 5.. The Bristol Scout D (Which is nearly completed) and a skin for the Airco D.H.4 (Which has no one working on it right now). I also need to spell check all of the Training missions and Hangar aircraft descriptions. (Any help would be appriciated!)

So the ETA for this update to be released could be a month or 6 months. All depends on if anyone is willing to skin the D.H.4. and how long it will take me to get through the spell checking. I'm starting to compile all of the files and getting them ready for the installer packages aswell.
"Go Fly A Kite!"
-Jason R.
FS-WWI Project Leader
FS-WWI Plane Pack Site

#2 WoH-Webmaster

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 08:09 AM

Jason, thanks for the information. This is great news. I saw this on the FS-WWI board yesterday but I was hesitant to post that in the WoH news given the time frame you are expecting for the PP5 release.

Cheers

Gremlin
Gremlin_WoH
Webmaster

Wings Of Honor - Where Combat Simulation Begins!
Posted Image
Your W.W.I Flight Sim Resource: News, Forums, Links, Downloads ...

Jagdstaffel 66 (J66_GremlinCO)

"It was my opinion that no kill was worth the life of a wingman ..."
Erich 'Bubi' Hartmann, highest scoring fighter ace in WWII (he never lost a wingman)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users