Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_8/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_8/skin_topic.php:909) in /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_8/skin_topic.php:909) in /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_8/skin_topic.php:909) in /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_8/skin_topic.php:909) in /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_8/skin_topic.php:909) in /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Over Flanders Fields: Phase 3 current status - Wings Of Honor

Over Flanders Fields: Phase 3 current status

• You cannot reply to this topic
No replies to this topic

#1 WoH-Webmaster

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 26 November 2007 - 09:14 PM

OFF team leader Winder released some information about OFF Phase 3 on the Sim-Outhouse OFF Forum.

To sum it up: Although the team is having a good progress a release before Christmas is not in the plans. In fact a release is still far away as Phase 3 has not even reached beta status according to Winder. That's the bad news. Read more about it.

The good news is that the team will include dynamical and historical weather modes in Phase 3 via the 'OFF manager', which is responsible for the dynamical changes to the underlying CFS3 game engine.

Winder explains: «What is important to understand about this 'dynamic weather' system for OFF P3 is that it is NOT utilising a set of predefined weather system files on a predefined grid.»

«The weather file is set up dynamically for every mission by the OFF manager - sometimes you may even find no weather variation as you fly...particularly on calmer days. The result is pretty much a unique weather feel on most missions. Sometimes you start out in the rain - and it clears or vice versa.»

That would add a lot to the immersion OFF has. Read more about this achievement on this OFF forum thread.
Gremlin_WoH
Webmaster

Wings Of Honor - Where Combat Simulation Begins!
Posted Image
Your W.W.I Flight Sim Resource: News, Forums, Links, Downloads ...

Jagdstaffel 66 (J66_GremlinCO)

"It was my opinion that no kill was worth the life of a wingman ..."
Erich 'Bubi' Hartmann, highest scoring fighter ace in WWII (he never lost a wingman)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users