Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_8/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_8/skin_topic.php:909) in /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_8/skin_topic.php:909) in /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_8/skin_topic.php:909) in /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_8/skin_topic.php:909) in /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_8/skin_topic.php:909) in /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
May be some traffic coming this way - Wings Of Honor

May be some traffic coming this way

11 replies to this topic

#1 Thor

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 15 December 2003 - 11:56 PM

Salute! All,

Seems there may be a possible increase in traffic here I saw the other forum is shutting down.

Just an FYI
Thor

#2 Clay Pigeon

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 16 December 2003 - 01:16 AM

I noticed that too. Unfortunately, I just don't have much to discuss on Red Baron anymore.

CP

#3 An Unarmed Man

Observer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 18 December 2003 - 01:00 AM

Yeah, I don't fly it anymore in MMP. Too many differing opinions who all want one and only way (theres usually). The disruptors, the childishness. Made me actually go to a pay to play game, with some very strict security and that's what I like the most about it
Salute!
Capt. Unarmed AAM***, BS
Fighter Pilot
Royal Air Corps

#4 Thor

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 19 December 2003 - 05:07 PM

S! Unarmed,

Sir a pay to play? I have a tendency to agree that "too" much politics and not enough fun can spoil things.

How does this work, like a private server?

Sounds to be something Rens could explore for we are all a bit tired of the conflicts - there are times I prefer the SP version over the MMP to confess here.

:)
Thor

#5 Hotrod

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 December 2003 - 05:10 PM

Hello all!

From time to time I visit a RB forum and see the posts from some of the family of players I once enjoyed and really do miss. I removed myself from the squad and game due to the same things some of you have experienced. New whiney players that somehow tried to change things to their own advantage while putting the screws to the veteran players who were the backbone of this game.

In the past there were many a good fight and if you played your hand right you escaped to live another day. They talk about honor in the game but I have news.. there's very few players (although) they talk the talk, they didn't walk the walk. It sickens me to read the posts by these players in these forums who resemble the plastic statements they put out.

Many great and fun players were met along the way and many a nail biting sessions were encountered from my flight chair especially in the wars. The additions that were designed for this game by players were just outstanding but some (such as the plane mods) just seemed to tear it down and turn the game into something it was not.

I remember my first time behind the stick and how I was torn out of the sky by so many, but with perseverance and practice (many hours) I developed my flying skills and tactics so that I was no longer a target but a threat.

After playing as an independent I joined the 103rd and had a ball for 2 years before leaving to help develop the Esc 48th with Tex, (alias - Lefevre XO) which lasted almost 2 years. I must say that we had one heck of a good squad for a while until all the flight models hit the game along with the cheating and lying and bickering that went along with the wars.

Yes, like so many other games there are people who just have to exploit every crack in it and ruin it for everyone else who are in it for fun and good honest competition. They find different angels to work it and ways to just take the fun away and the realistics from it.

Why the different flight models?, to juice up a plane that needs it to be competitive? Why?, the real plane was a dog and that?s the way it should react. If your a hun then live with it and do the best you can with what you've got and keep your yapper shut. The wars?, over powering the skies with DR's that weren't even there at the time to fight N-17's, common what?s fair in that? Those planes probably never met in a battle and if they did it was probably very limited.

It seems the people who put these things together are just dialing it up for themselves and you just have to swallow it or not play at all, so that?s where I drew the line, I decided (like so many others) to not play at all.

In all honesty I do miss the good times we all had and all my squadies but really don't miss all the BS and bickering that went with it. Just a matter of time before the demise of this game.

Thanks to all the good honest players that I've really had a good time with and enjoyed (you know who you are). May your skies be clear and watch your 6.

Hotrod

#6 Thor

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 23 December 2003 - 11:07 PM

S! Hotrod,

Certainly agreed some out there we could do without and some appears to be as you said abusing their "power" or trust.

Well I have the new WFP6.0 and am hoping that some dignity returns to MMP at a place near as it used to be by those that wreck it in leaving for other games.

Personally if it were meaning the loss of a few players and return to the fun it would be acceptable 'combat losses' :)

BTW I am one of those "dirty" huns but I never could fly the DR1 and do empathize I have seen servers that look like just two planes - DR1 v Spad13, pretty boring.

The Flight Model stuff I am no expert on but some anomalies exsist and this may have been the initial idea to compensate for the unrealistic behavior.
Thor

#7 LWulffe CR

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 December 2003 - 02:14 AM

Good post Hotrod.

I left the AFM skies long ago (not that I was there much anyhow) for NFM... that lasted right up until a few weeks ago.

I have now left NFM for a modified fm and a secure server (using Ren's Secure Server software).

The ability to grief does not exist there anymore, the hacks are also not available as any of these actions will either get you booted, and or not allow you into the game at all.

The server that has been developed is also not your standard server. There is aa everywhere and also the flak is thick enough to walk on (to quote Andydad).

There are tanks available to drive and balloons to attack. Both these targets are nothing to sneeze at as the tanks are tough and the balloons well defended.

I recommend checking this out as it brings back the fun in the game, without the worries of bungholes trying to wreck it for all.
Salut? from CR

Member of The Lone Wulffe Squadron
Lone Wulffe Den

#8 Thor

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 29 December 2003 - 04:43 PM

Salute! All,

Good to read / see some trusted faces making a show here.

I have flown the Rens server and it is quite enjoyable indeed for not only its new approach but as you sirs indicate its security.

I may even work a few hours OT just so I can put in some quality time in a secured public server like this. :)

Have Fun!
Thor

#9 J30<>Hans Richt

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 December 2003 - 05:09 AM

<>Salute<>

I've been flying RB3D for 4 years now and for the most part the community is a good bunch of people. I have met many of them at Rhinebeck (including LeFever and LePorc) and shared many a War Story. There is still a vibrant group of fliers who are very skilled and challenging to fly against.

The bottom line is that it's still a fun game to fly. Until something better (KOE perhaps) comes along I'll fly until there are no more Allieds to shoot down. :)

J30<>Hans Richt
"Sweet dreams and flying machines in pieces on the ground." JT

#10 WWRick

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 December 2003 - 02:31 PM

I agree Hans!

WOW Back at Wing of honor!!!

It's still the best over WW1 sim going. OLd yes (by todays standards) but still quite good and playable,, and over the years , All the promised land add on kept it right in there,,

I would love to see the next generation of WW1 though..

#11 An Unarmed Man

Observer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 08 January 2004 - 10:57 PM

Well it works this way

You pay to play the game. There is a group of volunteers who go through training and courses from the main company, they are responsible for policing the servers, have administrator rights pretty much. You violate the code of conduct you get warned if it's something like chat abuse you can/will be gagged by the volunteer for a specified amount of time, half hour anywhere to a day. If it's something else you could be banned from flying for the day. Continued abuses result in the suspension of your account, meaning you can't fly at all, usually a week. After that they just delete your account and file your name so you can't open a new one, haven't seen that done yet however.

The biggest thing that I like is the reflective damage. I'll revert it to Red Baron terms. Your in a Dr1 taking off from your base. A jerk in another Dr1 decides to shoot you. As opposed to you being damaged his plane will start to fall apart. Same goes with bombing, you drop a bomb on your own target, you get damaged not the target. Also one of the volunteers would probably be watching this, would warn the player, keeps doing it he's ejected for the entire day. Comes back the next day and starts to do it again, another warning and then a week ban etc etc.
Salute!
Capt. Unarmed AAM***, BS
Fighter Pilot
Royal Air Corps

#12 Thor

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 08 January 2004 - 11:51 PM

S! Unarmed,

Very interesting concept I wonder aloud if something to be explored in detail.

:)

If you like email me or post some more please.

:D
Thor

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users