Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_8/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_8/skin_topic.php:909) in /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_8/skin_topic.php:909) in /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_8/skin_topic.php:909) in /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_8/skin_topic.php:909) in /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_8/skin_topic.php:909) in /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
A Sad Day In Red Baron - Wings Of Honor

A Sad Day In Red Baron

3 replies to this topic

#1 An Unarmed Man

Observer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 23 November 2002 - 04:04 AM

Copied from the Delphi Forum

Salute! friends
sad news.
Our friend and teammate and 3-d modelling guru,
Charles de Thielt, has passed on.....

This has been confirmed to me by his brother.
The consequence of a tragic accident while working on his home.
Death was instantaneous.

He died 12 nov.

this is a black day for everyone in RB,

and the REBELLS who fought and flew many wars with Charles

Since he, as his callsign REBS_Thielt indicates, is from the village Thielt in Flanders (frontline), I think it would be most appropriate if all of us pay our respects and fly by. Maybe a date and time & server should be established, as a last salute to our friend

Salute! REBS Rens CO
Salute!
Capt. Unarmed AAM***, BS
Fighter Pilot
Royal Air Corps

#2 WoH-Webmaster

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 26 November 2002 - 12:43 PM

Salute Unarmed,

yes, indeed this is a true loss for his family and the Red Baron Community. He has driven modeling of Red Baron planes to a new level.
Keep your airspeed up, Charles. Salute!
Gremlin_WoH
Webmaster

Wings Of Honor - Where Combat Simulation Begins!
Posted Image
Your W.W.I Flight Sim Resource: News, Forums, Links, Downloads ...

Jagdstaffel 66 (J66_GremlinCO)

"It was my opinion that no kill was worth the life of a wingman ..."
Erich 'Bubi' Hartmann, highest scoring fighter ace in WWII (he never lost a wingman)

#3 An Unarmed Man

Observer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 28 November 2002 - 05:29 AM

Posted by Uhlan

Below is the memorial as planned.
It is, in RB's scale, 13 feet tall and 12 feet wide at the base.

It is a gift from SWWISA, of which Karel was a founding member, to the RB community so all who see it may remember Karel and keep his memory alive.

Work is proceeding to place it in the center of Thielt on the Flanders map and to make it a permanent object in future releases of the Promised Land patch.

Until that is ready, and for the purposes of the memorial flight - a temporary version that will replace the house in the MMP villages will be made available publically on the SWWISA site.

Posted Image
Salute!
Capt. Unarmed AAM***, BS
Fighter Pilot
Royal Air Corps

#4 An Unarmed Man

Observer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 28 November 2002 - 05:33 AM

ahh just copy and paste the url into your browser window, can't seem to get it to work :P
Salute!
Capt. Unarmed AAM***, BS
Fighter Pilot
Royal Air Corps

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users