Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_8/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_8/skin_topic.php:909) in /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_8/skin_topic.php:909) in /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_8/skin_topic.php:909) in /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_8/skin_topic.php:909) in /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_8/skin_topic.php:909) in /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
W.w.i For Il-2 Sturmovik - Wings Of Honor

W.w.i For Il-2 Sturmovik

3 replies to this topic

#1 WoH-Webmaster

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 08 November 2002 - 12:39 PM

There is a W.W.I Project for the IL-2 Sturmovik W.W.II flightsimulation underway. It will cover the Eastern Front with their respective plane types on the German and the Russian side. Visit the IL-2 W.W.I Project Forum at http://www.il2center...wforum.php?f=22 to read more about the project and one thing ... if you are a plane designer or modeler your help is needed.
Gremlin_WoH
Webmaster

Wings Of Honor - Where Combat Simulation Begins!
Posted Image
Your W.W.I Flight Sim Resource: News, Forums, Links, Downloads ...

Jagdstaffel 66 (J66_GremlinCO)

"It was my opinion that no kill was worth the life of a wingman ..."
Erich 'Bubi' Hartmann, highest scoring fighter ace in WWII (he never lost a wingman)

#2 Clay Pigeon

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 09 November 2002 - 01:02 AM

I've read about this. I only wonder how long it will take Oleg to make new FM/DMs for the aircraft, not to mention tweak the AI so they can handle a Spad without slamming it into the ground. Perhaps a year, at a guess?

CP

#3 WoH-Webmaster

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 09 November 2002 - 07:36 AM

I think this could last longer than a year by far. I was a member of the '17 Hours' Team and we had only a rough graphics engine to start with. But it had to be rewritten because the change from DirectX 5 to DirectX 6 made by Microsoft was a difficult step for programmers. I now how long it lasts to have something to display to the public at least.

Ok, given the fact that Oleg has an experienced team and a proven structure and also a lot of volunteers for plane modeling things should go faster for this effort. And if you have a good physics based flight model structure you can do anything with it. Adjusting the AI will be a more difficult task. They have to learn not to fly high G manuoevres with a canvas winged plane :P
Gremlin_WoH
Webmaster

Wings Of Honor - Where Combat Simulation Begins!
Posted Image
Your W.W.I Flight Sim Resource: News, Forums, Links, Downloads ...

Jagdstaffel 66 (J66_GremlinCO)

"It was my opinion that no kill was worth the life of a wingman ..."
Erich 'Bubi' Hartmann, highest scoring fighter ace in WWII (he never lost a wingman)

#4 Clay Pigeon

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 09 November 2002 - 09:42 AM

Yes, the AI is what I think will be the most trouble. Making it fly the WWI aircraft in a realistic fashion will take a lot of work and time. And Oleg may find the lack of reliable flight information a rather daunting challenge. How much will he be willing to guess at?

Making models is easy, making a game is hard. What ever became of CFS-WWI?

CP

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users