Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_8/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_8/skin_topic.php:909) in /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_8/skin_topic.php:909) in /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_8/skin_topic.php:909) in /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_8/skin_topic.php:909) in /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_8/skin_topic.php:909) in /usr/www/users/zf5f1i565/forums/ipboard/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
New Forum For Wings Of Honor - Wings Of Honor

New Forum For Wings Of Honor

11 replies to this topic

#1 WoH-Webmaster

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 23 October 2002 - 07:37 PM

Salute everyone,

this is the new Wings Of Honor Discussion Forum. The forum over at Delphi was just a temporary solution. I set up this new forum software. It is an 'Invision Board Forum (IBForum) the successor to the 'Ikonboard' forum at the old Wings Of Honor website. Unlike the Ikonboard Forum which was programmed in CGI this one is written completety in PHP and uses a MySQL database. IBForum should have a better performance than Ikonboard. I hope the forum traffic won't hit my server too hard.

Probably I will have to make changes to the forum depending on traffic and usage. Perhaps some wishes from you - the users - regarding the forum handling could be fulfilled. This forum software has a lot of options and features. Not all are enabled right now. I just have to see how all develops by the time. Creating an account is mandatory. Examples from the past have proven that fact. I hope you don't mind.

So what is it all about anyways?
I made an agreement with John 'Jupes' Hansen to bring back the Wings Of Honor website. I have worked together with him on 'Wings Of Honor' but my part back then was a samll one. I was the maintainer of the Red Baron links section. At the beginning of the year 2002 Jupes gave me the permission to put the Wings Of Honor site online again. He sent me all necessary files and I am going through the whole material and rework it piece by piece as I find time to do it. It is a huge site and I can see the amount of work and time Jupes dedicated for 'Wings Of Honor'. I will publish bits of 'Wings Of Honor' as I have edited them.

For the technically interested: I will transform the HTML 3.2 code to the new XHTML 1.0 code standard and switch to Server Side Includes and Cascading Style Sheets to make the maintaining of the site easier for me.

I can not promise to publish all that ever was published, nor can I promise to maintain the site as good as Jupes did. Heck, I can't even host all the 300+ MB of files that were hosted on the old Wings Of Honor site. Please keep in mind it is just a free service by me for all the W.W.I flightsim enthusiasts.

Anyways I hope you enjoy your visits here. And please keep the forum clean from flame wars. There are better forums out there for this purpose :P
Gremlin_WoH
Webmaster

Wings Of Honor - Where Combat Simulation Begins!
Posted Image
Your W.W.I Flight Sim Resource: News, Forums, Links, Downloads ...

Jagdstaffel 66 (J66_GremlinCO)

"It was my opinion that no kill was worth the life of a wingman ..."
Erich 'Bubi' Hartmann, highest scoring fighter ace in WWII (he never lost a wingman)

#2 Clay Pigeon

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 25 October 2002 - 09:21 PM

S! Gemmrig,

Interesting look to the new forum. :P
I like it.

Clay Pigeon

#3 WoH-Webmaster

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 26 October 2002 - 07:43 AM

Salute Clay,

the more I play with the forum the more I like it too. There is much potential in it I did not discover yet. For the time being we have to live with this standard look. Maybe in the future I will have time to adjust the colors and the look to the Wings Of Honor Theme.
Gremlin_WoH
Webmaster

Posted Image

Erich 'Bubi' Hartmann, highest scoring fighter ace in WWII (he never lost a wingman)

#4 Flybert

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 31 October 2002 - 12:17 AM

Ok, so who are we gonna talk about behind their backs till this place is discovered :P

#5 Clay Pigeon

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 31 October 2002 - 03:14 AM

Oops! Too late!

<heh, heh!>

CP

#6 WoH-Webmaster

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 31 October 2002 - 06:08 AM

Hmmmm ... let's see ... maybe about Swwisa members :P
Gremlin_WoH
Webmaster

Posted Image

#7 An Unarmed Man

Observer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 01 November 2002 - 12:57 AM

::SNIFF SNIFF:: :P

Do I smell Gossip? :)
Salute!
Capt. Unarmed AAM***, BS
Fighter Pilot
Royal Air Corps

#8 Hans von Hammer

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 November 2002 - 10:03 PM

Hmmm...not bad... :P

#9 WWHappy

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 06:22 PM

View PostHans von Hammer, on 27 November 2002 - 10:03 PM, said:

Hmmm...not bad... :P
Just found this site after a few years! at one time Jupes was active with the Wingwalkers Squadron. Glad to see this web site active again. :rolleyes: Flybert your out of uniform :P

#10 Gremlin_WoH

Flight Leader

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 08:23 PM

View PostWWHappy, on 10 March 2011 - 06:22 PM, said:

Just found this site after a few years! at one time Jupes was active with the Wingwalkers Squadron. Glad to see this web site active again. :rolleyes: Flybert your out of uniform :P

WWHappy, welcome here. You are back into W.W.I after an IL-2 hiatus? :P

Cheers

Gremlin
Gremlin_WoH
Webmaster

--Resize_Images_Alt_Text--

#11 WWHappy

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 05:42 PM

View PostGremlin_WoH, on 11 March 2011 - 08:23 PM, said:

WWHappy, welcome here. You are back into W.W.I after an IL-2 hiatus? :P

Cheers

Gremlin
Ya Grimy :rolleyes: Fell in love with Rise of Flight :) Even built a new computer to enjoy the eye candy. Still learning to fly these new birds. It definitely is not your old RB3D.

#12 Gremlin_WoH

Flight Leader

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 01:09 AM

View PostWWHappy, on 12 March 2011 - 05:42 PM, said:

Ya Grimy :rolleyes: Fell in love with Rise of Flight :) Even built a new computer to enjoy the eye candy. Still learning to fly these new birds. It definitely is not your old RB3D.

Plane handling is not the same but the furballs are :lol:

Gremlin
Gremlin_WoH
Webmaster

--Resize_Images_Alt_Text--

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users